Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.5 PLAR with None Partition

jalmanza_82
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have a CUCM 8.5 cluster.

I didnt configure an Internal Partition for the internal DNs , just Partitions for the Route Patterns , so people can call to everyone and outside to the PSTN ; this configuration is working fine.

The issue that I have is with the "Batphone" configuration , I searched and found severals documents , I did every step the documents say , but the call do not go through , I lift the handset , and the phone just give dialtone.

I created the Blank Translation pattern with a partition for this purpose ,  left the CSS to NONE , so the TP can call the phone and configured the corresponding DN number on the Called transformation mask.

I am thinking , the problem is the lack of an internal partition.

Does anyone know if this PLAR configuration can be done on a system without internal partition?

Thanks for any help

Joel

7 Replies 7

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I don't think you can - this setup relies on the translation pattern being the only match when the handset is lifted; whereas on your system anything in is a potential match, so CCM waits.

It's considered bad practice to use the partition.

I think your best option would be to do this:

1) Create a new 'Internal' partition.

2) Add the 'Internal' partition to the bottom of every CSS

3) Run a BAT job to update all lines in the partition to the 'Internal' partition.

You would also then need to check for any devices that don't have CSSs at all (these would need an 'internal-only' type CSS adding).

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi.

You can try as follow.

Create a partition for "Bat Phone" es. BAT_Partition

Create a CSS (es. Bat_CSS) and include BAT_Partition only

Create a blank translation pattern , put it in BAT_Partition and select Bat_CSS and insert your destination DN in Called party transformation mask.

Associate the css BAT_CSS to the DN you want to activate the BAT Phone funcionality.

HTH

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hi again.

Just an explanation of my suggestion..

The CUCM, to perform a destination match, looks into partitions listed in the CSS associated with the Phone DN which dials a seuence of digits, and it selects partitions in a Top/Down Manner....

Because the Null Partition is located at the end of partition list in a CSS, CUCM search first in  BAT_Partition of my previous example,  finds a blank destination and starts to setup the call immediately.

Regards

Hope this Help

Carlo

i think calro assumption is right you can try it and confirm

Hi

No harm in trying :-)

However - digit matching is based on longest match in CCM.

Partition order is used as a tie-breaker where two equal matches exist.

So theoretically partition order won't have any effect as the matches are not equal.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Yes Aaron.

You're absolutely right.

Carlo

Hi Guys, thanks for all your help.

I did several tests , and the only time it worked , was when I enabled the Auto Registration and then configured the

Thanks for the help

Regards,

Joel