cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.6.2 alternative ringtones

csacontract
Level 1
Level 1

I have a number of 7940 and 7960 phones and they are failing to pick up the alternative ringtones that are available on the tftp server.  I have checked the Ringlist.xml and the DistinctiveRingList.xml file and they are both pointing to the correct .raw files.  In researching this issue I keep reading that these phone when running in SCCP should be able to locate either a .cnf or .cnf.xml file of the format SEP<mac address>.cnf or .cnf.xml and I'm unable to locate these on the tftp server (CUCM primary).

The only ringtone available on the phones is drums1 and drums2.  The CUCM has been recently upgraded to 8.6.2 but I'm not sure of the previous version.  Should I be able to see the .cnf files on the tftp server or should the phones at least be creating one?  I feel that due to the fact the the phone is not able to create the .cnf file may be the reason that the ringlist.xml is not being read and the .raw files are not available to the users.  I'm probably just missing something simple so if anyone can assist I would be very greatful.

Thanks

Scott

5 Replies 5

bernhardczapp
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Scott,

It should be cnf.xml files.

I think you can't see them within the tftp file managent but you should be able to download them via tftp. (with a tool like tftpd32)

SEP012301230123.cnf.xml

Make sure the ip phones do have the tftp-server set (dhcp option 150). If the tftp server is missing the phones might work but ringtones etc cannot be downloaded.

Best regards,

Bernhard

I've logged into the OS via the command line and the files are just not there, as part of the boot process they should be created and they just are not.  Is there write permissions in the tftp that the phones need?  From memory we should be able to see all the phones with their own entry?  As this was part of an upgrade and a BAT process was used to import the phones into the CUCM, could this be part of the issue?

Thanks Again

Scott

As I said in my previous post you can NOT see them in the file system.

And im pretty sure you are searching for the issue at the wrong place.

Try to download them via an TFTP client.

Did you check the TFTP Server option on the phone?

Maybe use wireshark and check what the phone is trying to do.

csacontract
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for that, I didn't read your response correctly.  I'm still stuck as to why the phones are not able to see the additional ringtones that are available.  From what I have been able to find, during the tftp process there is an address setup that tells the phone where to find these additional tones, but for the life of me I can't work out where in the boot process a file or directory is loaded that tells the phone where to find the ringtones.  As I mentioned before, all the extensions for this site were imported into the CUCM via BAT during a system upgrade.

Any Ideas will be appreciated

Thanks

Scott

Did your issue resolved. reseting all phones with correct CUCM in option 66 /option 150 resolve the issue.

TAC did same to resolve the issue on my call manager 8.6.1