Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.6 add/remove digits when redialing

Lasha Lomjaria
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When call is received from outside and not answered, in missed calls it appears 322XXXXXX, and when users try to redial this number, call drops because we use 9.2XXXXXX this route pattern for outbound calls. So how can I remove the 32 and add 9 to redialed number?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Lasha,

You can use calling party xformations..

1. define your xformatiom pattern for all inbound calls eg 32.2XXXXXX, set to prefix 9 and strip predot

2.On the incoming calling party settings of the sip trunk...select a  CSS that has access to the xformation pattern defined above (uncheck use device pool CSS)----Reset the trunk after this change

3. Next configure a new xformation pattern with 9.2XXXXXX in a different patition, set it to strip predot

4. configure a new calling party xformation css, that has access only to the new 9.2XXXXXX xformation..assign this to the phones(if you want to use device pool calling party transformation, assign the CSS there)...here before the call is presented to the phones, the 9 is stripped...hence the user sees callas as 2XXXXXX

However on the missed calls the phones will display 92XXXXXX

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

View solution in original post

I was mixing called and calling numbers, sorry for the confusion... Aokanlawon is correct, you can use calling party transformations to achieve what you need.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Hi Lasha

There are already a lot of discussions on CSC discussing this topic

Are you using a H323/SIP/MGCP gateway?

If you use SIP/H323, you can configure translation profiles on the gateway to strip 32 and add 9 to the called number. If you use MGCP, you can configure significant digits and prefix in the "Routing Information - Inbound Calls" section on your gateway in CUCM.

Rgds

Thanks for reply thijs

We are using SIP trunk to our ISP.

I found this topic http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00805b6f33.shtml about adding prefix 9. But I don't understand how to discard 32 and then add 9.

I am new to CUCM, can you tell in detail how to do that?

Thank you

You should create a translation rule on your gateway like:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^32/ /9/

It will replace the leading 32 by 9. The rule should be applied on the incoming voip dial-peer from your SIP provider as called number translation.

Translation rules can be quite difficult in the beginning, but there are enough documents describing it in detail on Cisco.com.

We are not using any gateway device, we use a SIP trunk from our CUCM to ISP. So I have to do digit manipulation in CUCM, not in gateway. But I don't now how to do that.

Thanks for helping

If you have a fixed numbering plan (always 9 digits), you can set the significant digits to 7 and add 9 as prefix on your SIP trunk (Call routing information, inbound calls)

Unfortunately we don't have fixed numberig plan.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00805b6f33.shtml

This adds prefix, but I don't understand how to remove 32 at the same time

Lasha,

You can use calling party xformations..

1. define your xformatiom pattern for all inbound calls eg 32.2XXXXXX, set to prefix 9 and strip predot

2.On the incoming calling party settings of the sip trunk...select a  CSS that has access to the xformation pattern defined above (uncheck use device pool CSS)----Reset the trunk after this change

3. Next configure a new xformation pattern with 9.2XXXXXX in a different patition, set it to strip predot

4. configure a new calling party xformation css, that has access only to the new 9.2XXXXXX xformation..assign this to the phones(if you want to use device pool calling party transformation, assign the CSS there)...here before the call is presented to the phones, the 9 is stripped...hence the user sees callas as 2XXXXXX

However on the missed calls the phones will display 92XXXXXX

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

I was mixing called and calling numbers, sorry for the confusion... Aokanlawon is correct, you can use calling party transformations to achieve what you need.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: