Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.6 configure user privilege

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys,

My Customer need create privilege for user change only display about IP Phone. Anybody could inform to me if there are this option or if not there is, if there are another user type that have profile to change the minimum possible of configuration.

Thanks a lot,

Wilson

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Wilson,

That role is just an example where you might use it to copy from

and create a new role. On the new role you can add the access level

read/write that will be required to do the changes the customer wants.

For example, you may only want to allow read/write on the Directory number pages

The online Help within CUCM has some examples.

Cheers!

Rob

"go easy...step lightly...stay free " 

- The Clash

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Wilson,

Have you looked at using this creating a "Custom" Role with read-only

access? Here's an example ;

Example for Creating a Custom Help Desk Role and Custom Help Desk User Group

Some companies want their help desk personnel to have privileges to be  able to perform certain tasks, such as adding a phone, adding an end  user, or adding an end user to a user group in Cisco Unified  Communications Manager Administration.

Performing the steps in the following example allows help desk personnel  to add a phone, add an end user, and add the end user to the Standard  CCM End Users user group, which allows an end user to access and update  the Cisco Unified CM User Options.

Example—Allows Help Desk Personnel to Add Phone, Add End User, and Add End User to User Group

Step 1 In Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, choose User Management > Role.

Step 2 Click Add New.

Step 3 From the Application drop-down list box, choose Cisco Call Manager Administration; then, click Next.

Step 4 In the Name field, enter the name of the role; for example, Help Desk.

Step 5 In the Description field, enter a short description; for example, for adding phones and users.

Step 6 Choose one of the following options, which depends on where you want the help desk personnel to perform the task:

a. If  you want the help desk personnel to add a phone in the Phone  Configuration window and then add an end user in the End User  Configuration window. check the read and update privileges check boxes for the User web page resource and the Phone web pages resource; then, click Save.

b. If you want the help desk personnel to add both a phone and user at the same time in the User and Phone Add window, check the read and update privileges check boxes for the User and Phone add resource and the User web page resource; then click Save.

Step 7 By performing the following tasks, create a custom user group for the help desk:

a. In Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, choose User Management > User Group; then, click Add New.

b. Enter the name of the custom user group; for example, Help Desk.

c. From the Related Links drop-down list box, choose Assign Roles to User Group; then, click Go.

d. Click the Assign Role to Group button.

e. Check the check box for the custom role that you created in Step 1 through Step 6; in this example, Help Desk. In addition, check the check box for the Standard CCM Admin Users role. Then, click Add Selected.

f. In the User Group Configuration window, verify that the roles display in the Role Assignment pane; then, click Save.

Standard CCM Phone Management

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration

Allows an administrator to perform the following tasks:

View and export phones in the Bulk Administration Tool

View and insert user device profiles in the Bulk Administration Tool

View and configure the following items in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration:

BLF speed dials

CTI route points

Default device profiles or default profiles

Directory numbers and line appearances

Firmware load information

Phone button templates or softkey templates

Phones

Reorder  phone button information for a particular phone by clicking the Modify  Button Items button in the Phone Configuration window

Standard CCM Phone Administration

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_0_2/ccmsys/a02mla.html#wp1060268

Cheers!

Rob

- The Clash

Hi Rob,

Thanks for answer. My Customer need only give privilege for user to do the followings changes:

- Alerting Name

- ASCII Alerting Name

- Display (Internal Caller ID)

- ASCII Display (Internal Caller ID)

- Line Text Label

- ASCII Line Text Label

I will to do the procedure that You send for me and after inform to You about the results,

Thanks a lot my friend,

Wilson

Hi Rob,

My Customer need create the user with privilege to change only IP Phone parameters. The option Standard CCM Phone Administration is the best option or are there a option more restrictiv?

Thanks a lot,

Wilson

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Wilson,

That role is just an example where you might use it to copy from

and create a new role. On the new role you can add the access level

read/write that will be required to do the changes the customer wants.

For example, you may only want to allow read/write on the Directory number pages

The online Help within CUCM has some examples.

Cheers!

Rob

- The Clash

Hi Rob,

Yes, I understand. I created a new role and I am try configure exactly only as You mentioned, but, didn´t work. I changed in the Enterprise Parameters the option for minimun and enable all options read/write in the role that create and now not is possible change any parameters in Device Phone.

Thanks,

Wilson

Hi Rob,

I create new user group profile given the necessary permission and worked. Thanks a lot my friend for always help me

Wilson