Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.6 IP Communicator license unit report cleaning

deepfree1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

Need your assist please. I am new administrator at company. Now my CUCM 8.6 has license units limit.

It uses to much IP Communicator installed at desktops of users. Over 300 users. Each of them uses 3 units of license. I am cleaning it by deleting users that are out. But no changes at license report.

Same value. My question is how can i delete IP communicator properly to empty some licenses at my CUCM ? For example if i am deleting IP Phones not Communicators its OK i see licenses that v been added at license report. With IP Communicator its not working :(

Thanks in advance

10 Replies 10

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi,

Can you confirm whether you have removed the enduser association of IP Communicator as well in the enduser configuration page. Another thing is you can reduce the license consumption of CIPC if you are associating a hard phone with a CIPC. See adjunct license section in the below link:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_6_1/ccmfeat/fsgd-861-cm/fslicense.html

HTH
Rajan
Pls rate all helpful posts

Hi

Yep i v deleted it from end user. Checked again and didnt find ext number. License level is still same.

And hard phones are not associated with CIPC. Opened at CUCM and installed at PC of end users.

Try to add a temporary CIPC device and then delete it again. Check the License Unit Report at both times.

If it does not change at all, you may have to restart the "Cisco License Manager" service.

Georgios
Please rate if you find this helpful.

Hi,

You can try as suggested by Fotiadis.I can see bug related to same even through Call Manager version is old.

CSCsd81053

License count error with invalid CIPC insert
CSCsd81053

Description
Symptom:
License count reduced by 3 when inserted an invalid IP communicator which does not appear in the phone list

Condition:
Trying inserting a Cisco IP communicator softphone in the CCM, if the name that you choose is considered as incorect by the CCM, the phone, obviously does not appears in the phones list BUT still consume 3 license unit.

Workaround:
reboot the CCM and the count of license is then right back
A easier woraround exists - restart license manager

How can i restart Cisco license manager ? And can i do it during the day while users are talking and uses CUCM ? Thanks

Restarting will not affect CUCM operation at all, so you can do it anytime.

You go at: Navigation->Cisco Unified Serviceability->Tools->Network Services

Georgios

Hi,

restart of License manager service is not going to impact working IP phones. I was trying to find DOC but could not find.

regds,

aman

Well i dont have option like you gave in my CUCM 8.6.2. Only got this:

Look for the drop-down box at the upper-right corner.

Georgios

hi ,

you can also try from CLI

utils service restart Cisco License Manager

regds,

aman