cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.6 license change

Paul Austin
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Folks, I need to change the subnet mask of my 8.6 cluster whilst I upgrade to V11 and this will result in a license re-home situation.

Question is though, once the upgrade has been done and I revert the mask to the  original values, will the license re-home requirements disappear?

Thanks

Paul

6 Replies 6

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Paul,

Once u upgrade successfully to CUCM 11 from 8.6 and then, change subnet mask, license does not need to be re-host.

If u are changing the mask while cluster is on 8.6 and that on VM, then, license needs to be re-hosted.

if CUCM 8.6 is on MCS and mask is changed, license re-host not required.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Licensing_Model_for_Virtualized_UC_Applications

regds,

aman

Hi Aman, So would you say that the sequence of events would be as follows:-

Change subnet mask on publisher

re-home license file

upgrade to inactive partition from V8.6 to V11.0

change license on each subsequent subscriber and then upgrade each in turn.

switch versions to V11 when ready.

Thanks

Hi Paul,

Licenses have nothing to do with change of subnet in CUCM Subscriber 8.6 or 11

Licenses are loaded on Publisher only whether it is version 8.6 or 11.

Lastly, if CUCM 8.6 is running on MCS then, licenses need not be re-hosted if u are changing mask or not .

If CUCM 8.6 running on UCS and changing mask prior to upgrading to CUCM 11,then u need to re-host the license file.

If upgraded to CUCM11 and now, changing mask, license does not require re-host.

In CUCM 11, licenses are user based.

regds,

aman

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Licensing is completely different on 9.x+ as PLM handles the licensing, you can reach licensing@cisco.com and they'll help you migrate the licensing from 8.6 to 11 so you install it on your PLM.

You'll get 60 days to get any licensing issues fixed before you cannot do any changes to your system.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

csrlima
Level 3
Level 3

Hi team, i know that CUCM 8.6 is no longer supported and very old, but I only need to know if is possible to re-host license in case of server failure? Another question is if this 8.6 is already virtualized, if i move VM to another server license (mac)  will change? iF cucm 8.6 is in a MCS and someone virtualized that with vmware tools, license change ? (i know that is not supported)

Best Regards

Moving a VM to another host will not change the MAC address of the VM or alter the license MAC. No idea if you would be able to re-host the license. Likely you better check on this with GLO, ie the Global Licensing support organisation.

Response Signature