cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.6 upgrade path

Steven Williams
Level 4
Level 4

What is the stable version of the new CUCM 10.0 or 10.5?

Can you upgrade direct from 8.6 to 10.0/10.5?

We are currently running 8.6 on IBM blade center, is Cisco going to require me to upgrade to 10 on UCS?

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I personally prefer 10.5(2), as to upgrade paths, the 10.x documentation covers the possible upgrade paths, requirements, COP files, and changes to the VM that are required.

You need to fully read the RNs for target version, upgrade guide (same for 10.x) and new and changed doc for all the info on the process and what it takes to be successful. If you haven't reviewed any of those, that would be your first step.

We only require virtualization on 10.x+, as long as your server meets the requirements, it will be supported.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

So running 10.5 on IBM blade center will not be an issue from a support standpoint when it comes to smartnet?

Assuming the IBM blade runs supported ESXi and meets all Spec-based requirements:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/UC_Virtualization_Supported_Hardware

since as of version 10.X Cisco UC apps are only supported on VMWare.

Chris

Yes 8.6 is being virtualized currently now as we speak. I just know that Cisco is pushing UCS so wanted to make sure they weren't going to push me to UCS for 10.X to be supported.

Then you will be OK, as to the original question I would go with 10.5 rather than 10.0.