cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Replacement model for Cisco 7945g.

Patrick Sharp
Level 1
Level 1

I'm needing to order more phones for my company due to company growth. Our most common phone model is the 7945g and for all intents and purposes that model has been solid with few issues for us and I do not hesitate to reorder that model again. I also do not see EOS or EOL information for the model which makes me believe it'll be around for quite a bit longer. With that being said, I'm looking for some peoples opinions and experiences on other newer phone models that may sway me from the 7945. Besides the obvious hardware upgrades with newer models (Video, Wireless,  etc...), I'm really looking to see if the other models are stable with little need for consistent firmware upgrades.

Any suggestions?

1 Reply 1

Brandon Pierce
Level 4
Level 4

The 794X and 796X as well as the 797X series has been the best and most solid build I have ever seen from Cisco.  I've had multiple bad ones from the 7800 series so I would avoid those, plus they just aren't as good in an environment already on the 7900 platform. The only other ones are the 8900 and 9900 series.  Can't really think of any other phones with buying for a large company unless you need a break room phone and can make go with a 3900 series.