Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM and UCCX Clustering Over VPN

chris_funa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all, 

After reading through documentation and support forum discussions, I wasn't able to get a concise answer to my questions. I apologize if this was posted before and/or documented in manuals, but I just couldn't find an answer.

We currently have 2 CUCM servers (Pub and Sub 10.5.2), 2 UCCX servers (LAN HA 10.6), and 1 WFOQM server.

We would like to add a second subscriber in a different location along with moving (deleting Node 2 and adding a new server) the second UCCX node to the same location.

WFOQM isn't super critical, that can stay a single server.

Is this supported over dmvpn/mgre? Anything I should be cautious about if it is?

In the documentation for CUCM, I found how to add ipsec connections from a publisher to a subscriber, so I would assume this would be supported.

In the documentation for UCCX, all I could find was  "Do not support VPN tunneling across the WAN" under "Deployment Options" > "Deployment Considerations". Not sure if this is regarding the transport or something else. I assume this means, no you can't run UCCX WAN HA over vpn. 

I would think the potential for split brain would be quite high for a UCCX cluster over vpn even if it was supported. 

Our other option would be metro Ethernet between these sites, which I assume is supported.

Any input is greatly appreciated!  

0 Replies 0