Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM BE 5000 and hunt group

rakesh.shah
Level 1
Level 1

hi

1) while i know that cucm 5k do not come with contact center express, but at my company, the  tech support group only requires to setup an hunt group, a greeting message for hunt group and routing of the call to available phone those are defined under hunt group.  Is such seutp possible without contact center express? Further, can user's in the group flag them self 'not available' so that hunt group call do not get routed to them?

2) If i require contact center application for above requirement, can i add along with cucm 5k or i have to go with cucm 6k?  The reason is total number of users are about 125 and we are not expenctingto rise beyond 200 over next 2 years. So cucm5k (or CUCM3k) sizing is good for us.

Any other suggestions?

thanks in advance.

regards

Rakesh

=====

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can configure caller input options under the call handlers to route to another phone, call handler, directory handler, etc.

You configure each digit to do certain action.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You would need to route calls to CUC in first place to play the message. Then route it again to CUCM and point to a line group with whatever algorithm fits your needs. They cannot tag themselves as busy, but you can use the hlog option so they can log in and out of the line group to get calls.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks Java for these information. It definately helped.

Becuase i am not familiar with the product, want to conform that we can configure cucm 5k appliance so that the incoming call first routes to Unity connection - play the message/greetings - route back to cucm so as to go through (hunt grou) group. thanks.

Does CUM facilates caller's selection (press 1 for bla bla...) or that is soley function of contact center application.

thanks again.

regards

Rakesh

=====

You can configure caller input options under the call handlers to route to another phone, call handler, directory handler, etc.

You configure each digit to do certain action.

HTH

java

HTH

java