Helpful
Replies

CUCM call Forwarding Issue

farkhad
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

I have a task and issue.

i have 3 digit short number. When i call this number the provider translate this number to my external number on CUCME which is also translated to internal number registered in CUCM. I want to forward this call in case of busy or no answer to external mobile number. I typed the number and Calling Search space correct, the call are coming to my mobile but it is dropped immediately, also calling id  is not the same as in translation rule. Please help me to fix this issue. I changed offnet to offnet forward to TRUE. 

2 Replies 2

Hello, 

Calls being dropped as soon they are answered can be a symptom of Codec mismatch. 

Do you have an output from "debug voip ccapi inout" or "debug ccsip message"? It is important to check the disconnect cause of this call to understand what is causing it. 

HI

The cause could be related to a wrong calling number that your provider does  not recognizes. Also.. if the deployment is:

PSTN-->VG-->CUCM-->EXTENSION--FWD-->>CUCM-->>VG-->>PSTN  this could lead to two causes:

1- Clling Number is the original Calling number (public number) and the TSP refuses the call

2- Being the calling number an external one, once the forwarded call arrives to the VG it probably matches no incoming DialPeer and , by default, it uses the default DP which negotiates the G729 codec and that's why the call drops.

Please ad @Leonardo Lacerda mentioned, attach a debug ccsip message in case of SIP signaling or a debug ccapi inout in case of H323. Last.. if the provider is an ISDN one, please attach also a debug isdn q931.

Thanks a lot

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"