Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM clear rejected phones - cache

dtcobra22
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,

To replicate the issue I'm having, all I need to do is change a registered Cisco 8841 phone's DN while it's registered and the phone will then become rejected. Once it's rejected, if I remove that phone's profile from CUCM and recreate it without it even connected to the network, it's automatically rejected. Once I connect it, it remains rejected. It seems like CUCM stores the phones MAC and IP and puts it on a rejected list of some sort. Is there a way I can clear this? Is it stored in cache or?

I've done multiple factory resets to the phone which didn't resolve the issue.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aeby Vinod
Level 3
Level 3
The parameter you are looking for is "RIS Unused Cisco CallManager Device Store Period"which is under service parameter, you'll have to select the Cisco RIS Data Collecter service:

RIS Unused Cisco CallManager Device Store Period: This parameter specifies the RIS database information storage period for any unregistered or rejected device information from the Cisco CallManager service. After the time specified in this parameter expires, Cisco CallManager removes the expired entries during the next RIS database cleanup time (specified in the RIS Cleanup Time of the Day parameter)

Default: 3
Minimum: 1
Maximum: 30
Unit: day

However I'm unclear if this is what you are looking for or if you are tshooting the phone getting rejected part.

Please rate if you find this helpful.

Regards,
Aeby

Regards,
Aeby

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Aeby Vinod
Level 3
Level 3
The parameter you are looking for is "RIS Unused Cisco CallManager Device Store Period"which is under service parameter, you'll have to select the Cisco RIS Data Collecter service:

RIS Unused Cisco CallManager Device Store Period: This parameter specifies the RIS database information storage period for any unregistered or rejected device information from the Cisco CallManager service. After the time specified in this parameter expires, Cisco CallManager removes the expired entries during the next RIS database cleanup time (specified in the RIS Cleanup Time of the Day parameter)

Default: 3
Minimum: 1
Maximum: 30
Unit: day

However I'm unclear if this is what you are looking for or if you are tshooting the phone getting rejected part.

Regards,
Aeby

Regards,
Aeby

Thanks Aeby, very helpful !!