Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM delayed CDR posting to billing

Ali Zaghir
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Our CUCM is connected to billing systems and used to be working fine, but recently we are experiencing delays in posting CDRs to the billing systems. It seems most calls are getting posted on billing after 2 hours of its occurance. Calls in question are those answered by operator and transferred to an external mobile number. I tried to locate the CDRs in activelog/cm/cm/cdr_repository/trans and activelog/cm/cm/cdr_repository/tmp but no avail, it only appears after two hours. System, and phones Date & Time are all correct. I tried restarting all the CDR services and tried to restart the CUCM with no luck. CAR is configured with "Continous Loading 24/7" & "Load CDR only".  What can affect the CDR to be delayed and be exactly two hours? looks to me has to do with time or summer time but can't figure out where and how...

I'm sure I'm missing something but it's driving me nuts to get it fixed. Please help!

CUCM version is 12.5.1.11900-146

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CAR ingests the exact same CSV file that gets shipped off to the billing server. Does the CDR record show up earlier in CAR? If not, it may also be worth verifying the call actually disconnects as you expect; you mentioned an off-net transfer. The CDR record is written only once the call ends.

Hi @Jonathan Schulenberg . Yes off-net transfer. I just did another test now and saw that the CDR is being showed on CAR after the call disconnects but it's taking 2 hours to appear on the billing system. Timezone is 2 hours ahead of UTC time in the system and this seems to be the issue to me. Meaning like, the CUCM is generating the CDR normally but sending it to the billing after 2 hours (UTC + 2). Does anything make sense to you? 

Billing system is OPERA Billing screen based on Oracle.

P.S. I can't see the CDR in the processed folder as well until after 2 hours eventhough it appears in CAR.