Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM incoming call limitation to 3 mins

Hi,

We have a CUCM cluster with a publisher, and two subscribers. We do not use the Publisher for call processing and the subscribers do the call processing. We do have a requirement of allowing the incoming calls to ring alleast 30 mins to the line or the hunt pilot. No matter how I try to forward the same call to the same hunt group the call cuts off at 3 mins. Is there a global parameter in the CUCM that over writes call forwarding settings ?

Is there a better way of enabling a call to point to a hunt pilot for at-least 30 mins. Appreciate any help.

Gayathri

15 Replies 15

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Gayathri,

To have Ring No Answer set to be 30 mins is somewhat a very unusual requirement, may I ask why such requirement?

At the same time, please note that :

"By default, Cisco Unified Communications Manager makes the time for the T301 timer longer than the No Answer Ring Duration time; if the set time for the T301 timer expires before the set time for the No Answer Ring Duration expires, the call ends, and no call forwarding can occur. If you choose to do so, you can configure the time for the No Answer Ring Duration to be greater than the time for the T301 timer. For information on the T301 timer, choose System > Service Parameters; choose the server, the Cisco CallManager service, and then the parameter in the window that displays."

May be this is what is causing the issue in your case.

HTH

Hi ,

the calls still end at 3 mins.

Any ideas appreciated. Thanks.

Gayathri

Hi Samuel,

Thank you. 

It is safety critical, the calls should be presented and should ring for at-least 30 mins , until someone answers it. I will try your solution. Thank you

Gayathri

How is it connected to the PSTN / Railway Telecom, may be it is the Telco side that is tearing down the call?

Is it connected via SIP or ISDN? Mind checking and sharing the logs depending on the GW type?

Hi Samuel,

It is not connected to outside world . We have connected the CUCM to a Meridian PABX via Applianx gateways (SIP to DPNSS conversion) and CUCM to Applianx connection is a SIP trunk. It is not only for the calls coming from Meridian to CUCM via SIP trunks even the IP to IP calls end at 3 mins.Thanks

G

So, even calls between IP Phone to IP Phone do not last more than 3 mins?

That's right. At 3 mins it stops ringing. Is there a way to get the call logs on these devices. Is it the real time monitoring tool. I'm new to CUCM and if it is the case I'll have to figure out how to get the logs from RTMT. Thanks

Let me take a look at the config at my lab. I have to admit, I have never had the requirement of 30 mins of RNA (Ring No Answer) before, hence something new for me here as well.

Will keep you posted

Thanks very much Samuel. Much appreciated!

Try this.

Create two hunt pilots with two hunt groups having the same members.

Set call forward no answer on each hunt pilot to the other one. Set the rna timer on each one to 5 mins.

Finally make t301 timer as 30. 

In this case call will hit HP1 after 5 mins will go to HP2. After another 5 mins back to HP1. This will continue for 6 times till you hit t301 timer and the call will drop.

Also, in cucm 9 you can take advantage of call queuing at hunt pilots. Not sure if it will meet your requirement or you want the call to be ringing instead of queuing. 

Hi Mohommad,

RNA timer can only be set to 3 mins maximum.

Thanks

Gayathri

This doesn't work either. I think there is a global timer that times out and overwrites the call forwarding settings. 

neil wooloff
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,
did you get an outcome for this as being asked by a customer same thing.

at moment looking to extend the T301 but not 100% sure this will work.

Rgrds,

Neil

I encourage you to post a new question with your particulars (CUCM version, PSTN connection type, specific symptoms). Things have changed a lot in 6 years...and you'll get more eyeballs on your question.

Maren