cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM install failing

kylebrogers
Level 4
Level 4

I am trying to get CUCM 8.6(2a)SU2 on a brand new MCS7835-I3-K9-CMD2 server and am running into an odd issue.

I've verified (and TAC has confirmed) that all versions of 8.6 are supported by my server (with no hardware upgrades required).

Here is a description of my 5 attempts:

1.  The server came with 8.5.1 pre-installed.  I booted this up and configured it enough to get into OS Administration.  I installed the v1.1 COP Refresh file.  Then I attempted to do an FTP upgrade to 8.6(2a)SU2.  Sometime during the upgrade it rebooted and during bootup it came up with a message (in the Linux GUI) saying that the install did not complete and to press ENTER.  Pressing ENTER did not do anything. 

2.  I then installed 7.1.5 from disc, logged into it, installed the COP refresh file, and then attempted another 8.6(2a)SU2 FTP upgrade.  Same result as the first time.

3.  I deleted the ISO I had been using for the FTP attempts and downloaded a new one.  I attempted a from-scratch install of 8.6(2a)SU2 from disc rather than via upgrade.  It loads the installer from the disc, but before the point where I would normally get a screen asking whether I wanted to install CUCM or Unity Connection, I instead get the errors in Picture 1 followed by Picture 2.  Picture 3 is just the model label from the chassis. 

4.  I downloaded an ISO of 8.6(2a) from cisco.com, made it bootable, and tried to install it.  Same outcome as #3.

5.  I downloaded an ISO of 8.5.1SU5 from cisco.com, made it bootable, and tried to install it. Same outcome as #3.

I currently have a case open with TAC but I don't have a lot of hope of it producing any results.  They keep asking me to do things like order a new DVD (doesn't explain multiple ISOs failing FTP upgrade), copy the installer temp logs (this happens before I'm even prompted to choose CUCM or Unity Connection by the installer, so there aren't any temp files to send), etc. 

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Kyle

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

3 Replies 3

s_mcnally
Level 1
Level 1

You need to install a COP file before installing 8.6(2). 

Installing the COP File

Caution For both restricted and unrestricted upgrades from an 8.5(x) or earlier release to an 8.6(x) release, this patch (COP file) must be applied prior to initiating the upgrade. Before you upgrade from compatible versions of Unified CM, install the COP file named ciscocm.refresh_upgrade_v1.0.cop.sgn that you can find under:

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Version 8.6>Unified Communications Manager / CallManager / Cisco Unity Connection Utilities>COP-Files

On all of the upgrades I've been installing the COP file first.  It goes on without a problem.  But this problem occurs both on upgrades (with the 1.1 COP already installed) and on a fresh 8.6(2a)SU2 install from bootable disc (overwriting both partitions on the drive)

Heres' what fixed it for me.

Go into the BIOS, then into the Integrated Management Module.  First, restore it to defaults.  Then go into the network aread of the IMM and change the interface type from "dedicated" to "shared"