cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM integration with Legacy PBX

niterid3r
Level 1
Level 1
Hi All, Currently we are running CUCME in srst mode registered with call manager 9.x using h323 protocol. The site has E1 connection for pstn and a spare e1 slot. We are planning to integrate cucm with legacy pbx via spare e1 port. There are few questions/ confusions i have which i was wondering if someone could answer 1. What cable to use to connect E1 slot on router to pbx?(Can we use rj45 crossover cable) 2. Can we use the e1 trunk by configuring basic isdn signals or it is necessary to use qsig trunk? I understand we will require configuration on cucm for pbx dial plan to point to h323 gateway and configure pots dial peers on gateway and point it to trunk with pbx. Appreciate the help. Regards Niterid3r
17 Replies 17

Thanks mate.

Glad to help and thanks for nice rating

Cheers

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

ByronMcNeil0220
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Collaboration community

I have a question on a legacy NEC PBX Aspire  SV9100 with digital PRI. This NEC system has an UNIVERGE® SV9100 Contact Center piece with it. My question is what viable solution do I have with integrating this site to our HCS 11.6. I have been looking for documentation and found this one outlining some steps. see attached PDF 

This option I am seeking additional understanding on is temporary, until existing contract ends. The company goal is to save $$, I am hopping we can implement a SIP trunk between CUCM and the NEC PBX allowing internal calls to be routed and at the same time If we PORTED DID's of the digital PRI's  could we route  to our SIP service provider to be routed over this trunk to the legacy NEC PBX ?  and second would we incur issues with out bound calls from the site. Just by typing this out I can see the NEC server need to know how to route the call back to either (SIP provider over PSTN and to CUCM as per its on route plan ???? 

Any replies welcome