Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM - Internal + PSTN Simultaneous Ringing

Hi everyone, happy Friday! 

I have a strange request from a client, and I am not sure what the best approach is here. 

Here is the scenario: Internal DN 1010 is assigned to multiple phones. The request is that when DN 1010 is ringing, the system dials an external PSTN call and the call should be able to be picked up from either the PSTN destination, or internally... it should ring infinitely until someone answers.

My only solution was to setup SNR. Which works, but as soon as the PSTN destination starts ringing, it stop ringing the Cisco phone. I am assuming the system thinks the remote destination had answered the call. 

Any other thoughts on how something like this can be done? 

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

SNR is the way to go, but it won't ring eternally as you need to fine tune the timers for the remote destinations to avoid the carrier VM picking up the call (unless that's what you want)

Debug your PSTN GW and find out if the external destination is picking up the call or not.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for your reply Jaime. The PSTN destination is not a true PSTN destination, we are using an FXO port to connect to an Avaya system, which has a group of phones that should ring forever. 

Could the issue be that we are using an FXO interface? Something about supervision? 

Debug the FXO to find out, or simply try a true PSTN destination and see the behavior you get.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Would "Extend and Connect" provide what you need?

Here's the debug of the port, it never shows the FXOLS_RINGING indicator, grabs dial-tone and goes into cut through, whatever that means. 

0/2/0 State Transitions: timestamp (state, event) -> (state, event) ...
65993656.577 (FXOLS_ONHOOK, E_HTSP_SETUP_REQ) ->
65993656.896 (FXOLS_WAIT_DIAL_TONE, E_DSP_SIG_0110) ->
65993658.196 (FXOLS_WAIT_DIAL_TONE, E_HTSP_EVENT_TIMER) ->
65993658.846 (FXOLS_WAIT_DIAL_DONE, E_DSP_DIALING_DONE) ->
65993658.848 (FXOLS_WAIT_CUT_THRU, E_HTSP_VOICE_CUT_THROUGH) ->
65993703.254 (FXOLS_OFFHOOK, E_HTSP_RELEASE_REQ) ->
65993703.532 (FXOLS_GUARD_OUT, E_DSP_SIG_0110) ->
65993704.254 (FXOLS_GUARD_OUT, E_HTSP_EVENT_TIMER) ->
65993704.264 (FXOLS_ONHOOK, E_DSP_SIG_0100) ->

Try with a try PSTN Number & What happens if you dial the FXO Number directly does it ring phone on Avaya.

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris