cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM - LDAP Synchonization Not Working If One of the LDAP Servers Is Not Reachable

m.gravel
Level 1
Level 1

I have two separate Communications Manager clusters running 9.1.1.20000-5.  It was brought to my attention that a user was not showing up with the correct extension.  When I performed a manual synchronization I could see an error displayed on the screen showing that it failed to connect to LDAP server x.x.x.x.

I have three LDAP servers defined for both and in one cluster the LDAP server that couldn't be reached was the first one in the list.  In the second cluster it was the last one in the list.  As soon as I removed the LDAP server that the CUCM couldn't communicate with and performed a manual synchronization the update occurred.

Is anyone aware of a bug related to this?  LDAP synchronization shouldn't fail if only one of the servers defined isn't reachable.

I checked the bug toolkit but don't see any open bugs related to this and I am currently running the latest version of code that I am aware of.

1 Reply 1

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If what you are saying is true, that would defeat the whole purpose of LDAP sync redundancy.  Definitely raise it with TAC.

and keep us posted

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.