Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Licenses

Dear Members,

We are running short of CUCM licences. Its been a year now since its showing but all the Phone are registred.

Do i need to purchase licenses to be complient or it will work

CUCM_License.jpg

7 Replies 7

I don’t see that you’re out of compliance. Where are you seeing that?

Response Signature

If you see, its showing as unassigned devices. We had purchased 150 Licenses, but number of Ext configured are 188, and showing under as Unassigned Devices.

That doesn’t necessarily mean that you’re out of compliance. It just means that you have devices that are not associated with a user. Apart from that, licenses can be borrowed from an upper tier, so even if you don’t have enough licenses in one tier it could borrow from an upper tier if there are available licenses.

Response Signature

Where do you get the number 188 from? I see that you have 138 users that are associated with one or more devices and 38 devices that are not associated to any user.

Response Signature

We dont have the licneses in the uppe Tier  to borrow..my point is if we dont procure additional licneses, these Phone will not stop working.?

No they will not stop to work if you were out of compliance, and as you are not nothing else will happen either. If you where to be out of compliance what will happen is that you get a grace period and if you don’t fix the compliance issue before the end of the grace period then the database will be locked, meaning that you cannot do any configuration changes.

Response Signature

As @Roger Kallberg mentioned, all your licenses are authorized. you dont have any licensing issues.  Unassigned devices are those configured as anonymous. No owner associated for those  devices.

You can use Cisco Device Assignment Tool to assign the Owner in bulk.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/udat/userguide/UDAT_BK_U1401523_00_device-assignment-tool-user-guide/UDAT_BK_U1401523_00_user-guide_chapter_00.html

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/285963825/type/282204704/release/DAT

Response Signature