Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Licensing Question

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Hi All

I don't have access to a CUCM 8.X system right now, and I've just been put on the spot by one of my customers.

I know at 8.X you don't *order* DLUs any more, but does anybody know how many you receive for each UCL license type? From memory, CUWL Professional licenses provided 17 DLUs. I' need to know how many DLUs you actually receive for an Enhanced UCL License.

If possible, I also need the number of DLUs you receive when you buy the user license for the iPhone client.

Thanks. Barry

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Barry,

I believe the Enhanced user gives you 6 DLU's

Have you seen this good doc?

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-15140

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

abraham_ngami
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I'm a little bit confused, why you need to know the DLU required since as you said it is no longer necessary under the new licensing scheme.

This is what I know about UCL

The UCL license you select will define the type of phone usable in your environment.

*Basic license is for analog phone as well as 6901 and 6911

*All other model use an Enhanced license

*A license (basic or enhanced)  entitle the user to use only one device

*If the user needs additional phones, you will need adjunct licence for each new device

review this file, it may help

http://media.gswi.westcon.com/media/Website%20OneX/website%202010/Cisco%20User%20Connect%20Licensing%20-%20FAQ.pdf

Abraham

HI Abraham

Thanks for the response and sorry for the confusion.

I understand what you need to order when it comes to CUCM - in that you order either UCL or CUWL (or a mix of both).

However CUCM itself, even in version 8.X, internally still uses DLUs to license phones. All that happens is that Cisco, when you order either UCL or CUWL provide you with a number of DLUs based on how many UCL/CUWL users you have purchased, which you import into CUCM in the same manner as you did in older versions.

This is the same process that has always been used for CUWL. As an example, Cisco ship 17 DLUs for each CUWL Pro user that is purchased.

My customer has asked how many DLUs Cisco ship for each essential UCL user as they are doing some cost comparisons.

Hope this helps clarify things.

Barry

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Barry,

I believe the Enhanced user gives you 6 DLU's

Have you seen this good doc?

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-15140

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks as always Rob. I'll go with 6 for the Enhanced UCL license, and 3 for the iphone (jabber) license, as this is probably something along the lines of an Adjunct license anyway....

6 again sounds right as it would license you for any handset type.

Thanks again. Barry

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Barry,

You are most welcome my friend

Cheers!

Rob

PS: I forgot to give Abraham +5 for his good tips, sorry about that......

and this has now been corrected.