cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM - Off-hook Default to 2nd DN

michahal
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know of a way in CUCM to have a 2nd or 3rd line apperance on a phone be the default for when a user goes off-hook?  I have a main line and a personal line on a phone.  Main line is the first one listed and the personal is the second.  When the user goes off-hook and hit's their VM button, it dials into Unity Connection and tries to access the wrong extension.  I realize I change the Prime Number option but then a user would have to select a line.

Thanks,

Mike

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mike,

This setting would select the line that has any messages waiting

There is a CUCM parameter for "Always use Prime Line for Voicemail" which can be changed from True

to False

CUCM System > Service Parameters > Clusterwide Parameters (Device - Phone) > Always use Prime Line for Voicemail

Or on the phone Device page itself

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks, Rob.  What I'm actually looking to do is independent of voicemail.  I would like it so that if a user takes a phone off hook the extension that would be used would be an extension other than the first one.  Example on a 7965:

Button 1 - Extension 101

Button 2 - Extension 102

Button 3 - Extension 103

Button 4 - (nothing)

Button 5 - Speed Dial

Button 6 - Speed Dial

If a user goes off hook to make a call, Extension 103 would be the extension that would be used.

Mike

Mike,

That is not possible with 79XX phones, with 99XX for example you could keep the focus on the 3rd line, the issue though would be that everytime a call is taken on another line the focus shifts so even with these phones it would most likey work for you.  Sorry.

HTH,

Chris