Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Still Routing Calls After Numbers have been Ported over to MS Teams

This is a really weird one...Back in July, we ported all of our user DID #'s from AT&T which was routing to our voice gateway/CUCM to Microsoft Teams, no issues there. The port order appeared to have been completed successfully, and all of our users have been using their DID's with Microsoft Teams without issue...However, to make a long story short, after a user noticed they had a few voicemails on their Cisco IP phones, I ran a CDR report on her extension, and noticed that she's been getting external calls coming in to her extension....Further more, I did a full CDR/CMR export, and noticed that there are many users that appear to still be getting external calls in CUCM, although, if I call their numbers, the calls properly gets routed to Microsoft Teams....Why am I seeing all of these incoming external calls to numbers that are no longer routed to our CUCM cluster...? And why am I not able to reproduce the issue? Calling those numbers properly routes them to Microsoft Teams, which is where they've been ported to...I'm at a loss here....

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Just wanted to post a quick update on this...The mystery has been solved...As it turns out, we had a bunch of old DID's that were configured with translation patterns, which is why the CDR was showing incoming calls to CUCM on those DN's, even though all of our main DID's were ported over to teams...

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Please forgive me if I ask stupid questions, but reports has never been something that I particularly like to work with, so I’ve kept well away from CDRs.

In the CDR do you see that the calls ingress from the PSTN? Could the calls be originated from an internal source, like from a Cisco device?

Response Signature

No stupid questions here, this is a really stupid situation! I have fairly limited experience with CDR's as well, and haven't really had to use them in the past....That was my initial thought, we have a handful of numbers that are still tied to Conference phones which weren't ported over to Teams, so my initial thought was that perhaps these calls are being forwarded from another internal device that's still accessible on the PSTN, and especially since I've noticed all of these call types are "Forward", however, after further investigating, I'm assuming the call type is "Forward" because the destination number always ends up being voicemail...But to answer your question, the calling number in question definitely appears to be external, as it's +1(area code)(phone number) format, and not our 4 digit internal extensions...

Just wanted to post a quick update on this...The mystery has been solved...As it turns out, we had a bunch of old DID's that were configured with translation patterns, which is why the CDR was showing incoming calls to CUCM on those DN's, even though all of our main DID's were ported over to teams...

Glad you found the reason and thank you for your updating the cause of this.

Response Signature