We are looking to move CUCM SUB from one UCS to another UCS server as per below diagram.
CUCM version 9.1
Location A- UCS1 and UCS 2
Location B- UCS3
UCS1- CUCM PUB+ ELM
UCS2- CUCM SUB1 +SUB2
UCS3- CUCM SUB3
Location A- UCS1
Location B- UCS3
UCS1- CUCM PUB+ELM+SUB1+SUB2
I am planning to delete/shut down SUB1 and SUB2 on UCS2 and install SUB1 and SUB2 (new Vm machine) with same IP address on UCS1. Please let me know if it is the right way to do it ? Will there be any risk during this time period ?
That should work. You can shutdown these machines and then install it on the new UCS. It is recommended to take a latest DRS backup before proceeding.
Since you are planning to rebuild the subscriber, make sure that you have the correct security password (the one used during the initial installation of publisher) which you need to provide during installation in order for the subscribers to join the cluster. If that is incorrect, your clustering will fail. Also use the same settings as before.
Check whether the devices pointed to these subscribers as primary has either sub3 or pub in the secondary or tertiary options to register during this timeframe.
Pls rate all useful posts
DRS Restores are one of the most effective tools I have encountered. Just adding to Rajan's point
1. Make sure that all the DPs have a valid Subscriber Server which can register the phones (CCM Service as well as TFTP Service)
2. Shutdown the existing Subscriber Server (one at a time preferably)
3. Install the new Subscriber Server with the correct IP Add in the new UCS Server
4. Make sure the database replication is fine
5. MOST IMP. IF you are using Public CA issued certificates, you WILL have to get new Certs issued and it has a cost over run.
Plz rate all helpful posts.
You can use vMotion to do the above, which would require less work.
vMotion support for UC application below.
Or you can always go the manual route like you mentioned above.
(Rate if it helps)