Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Trunk

adamgibs7
Level 6
Level 6

Dears,

I have a sip trunk to avaya systems, calls flow from cisco to avaya is perfect no encryption, when avaya ipphone try to initiate a encrypted call to cisco ip phone the call fails becz cisco ip phone do not about encryption,

i want to know is it doable means in other words i want to say without security tokens is it cisco ip phone can accept encrypted calls.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you provide some more details like:

cucm version

IP phone model and firmware involved

How do you know that the call is failing because of encryption? Does a normal call without encryption work?

HTH

Manish

Dear Manish

Thanks for the reply

ver 8.5

How do you know that the call is failing because of encryption? Does a normal call without encryption work?

Avaya ip phones initiate a encrypted call internally between avaya ip phones ,  when the avaya ip phone disables security profile on the phone the call gets established to cisco ip phone.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Apparently someone else has the exact same problem as you do, and has already posted the same:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12427761/cucm-85-sip-trunk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Dear Jaime,

Both are waiting for the answer, is it doable or no,so that atleast we can proceed to buy security tokens.

thanks

I don't think that's doable with security, all of the guides in the interoperability portal are regular SIP trunks or PRI integrations.

I don't see how we could exchange security information with other vendor to do what you're asking.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate