Helpful
Replies

CUCM, Unity Connection 7 service releases

master001
Level 2
Level 2

Hi all,

Happy holiday!

I plan to install the latest service release (7.1.5.31900-3) on CUCM & CUC server. (version 7.1.3.x)

I have the following questions:

How can I identify the current CUCM & CUC version is Unrestricted or restricted?

Where could I download CUCM & CUC version 7.1.3 fresh installatoin file?

I just want to install it in the lab from the scratch and test it. In Cisco download web site, it looks I have to pay for it.

I already downloaded the service release 7.1.5.31900-3, which includes CUCM & UC.

totally around 3G, can I use it as a fresh installation?

Thanks,

master001

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How can I identify the current CUCM & CUC version is Unrestricted or restricted?

A: All previous versions before the release of those 2 are restricted, meaning security is enabled.

Where could I download CUCM & CUC version 7.1.3 fresh installatoin file?

I just want to install it in the lab from the scratch and test it. In Cisco download web site, it looks I have to pay for it.

A: There is no place to download this, fresh install media has to be ordered via PUT to get physical media.

I already downloaded the service release 7.1.5.31900-3, which includes CUCM & UC.

totally around 3G, can I use it as a fresh installation?

A: No, README explains this:

Note Because the 7.1.5.31901-3 build is a nonbootable ISO, it proves useful only for upgrades. You cannot use it for new installations.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Thank you Java!

Continuing question1:

"All previous versions before the release of those 2 are restricted, meaning security is enabled"

That means I need to download the restricted service release, right?

Do you have more information/document about unrestricted/restricted version of CUCM/CUC?    

Can restricted version be upgraded to unrestricted one? or vice verse?

Thanks again,

master001

Upgrading to Unrestricted Cisco Unified Communications Manager 8.5(1)

Note The unrestricted version of Unified CM  8.5(1) is available in limited markets only.

Be aware that after you install or upgrade to an unrestricted release,  you can never upgrade to a restricted version. You will not even be  allowed to fresh install a restricted version on a system that contains  an unrestricted version.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/8_5_1/cucm-rel_notes-851.html#wp1840177

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Thanks Java.

One more question regarding the service release installation:

.  In the CCM4.x( Windows-based), as part of backout plan, normally a hard drive will be taken out before installing the new service release.

Is it still a good way to do it with CCM7?       Could we take advantage of Linus active partition/inactive partition?

Thanks,

master001

No, we do not support pulling HDDs as a method of backup.

We only support pulling the HDDs and changing them if there is something wrong with it.

In Linux appliances since you have the last installed version in the inactive partition then you can rollback to it, then you can try the upgrade again.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Could anyone provide the Cisco document that said " we do not support pulling HDDs as a method of backup" ?      Any other rollback plan?  

Thank you

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/7_1_2/cucm-rel_notes-712b.html#wp1450232

Removing Hard Drives

Cisco only supports replacing failed hard drives. Cisco does not support drive pulling/swapping as a method of fast upgrade reversion, restore, or server recovery. For information on replacing a failed hard drive, refer to the Troubleshooting Guide for Cisco Unified Communications Manager.

That applies to CUCM, CUC, CUPS and other Linux appliances since they have the same underlying CUCM architecture.

Other than that, DRS.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Java,

Could you please tell me, how i can identify what version (restricted/unrestricted) I have already installed on my current CUCM 7.1.5 server ?

Thanks,

Preetha

Preetha