cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM upgrade to 11.5 question

Hi,

I'm upgrading my cucm 6.1.5 to 11.5 using PCD

I need to confirm 4 points here

1. I'll do network migration during the upgrade. So is it ok to keep both the old node 6.1.5 and the new node 11.5 operational at the same time to control the ip phones move to the new version

2. DO I need to install only ciscocm.version3-keys.cop.sgn on the old cluster before the migration or there is another needed cop files, I see no other files needed

3. The cucm 11.5 ISO file uploaded to PCD before migration is bootable . right ?

4. Final thing I see PCD is not supported with BE6k vmware hypervisor . My BE6k is coming with vmware essential with PCD 11.5.3 So I see it is now support BE6k

Please confirm my points

Thanks

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1 Yes, assuming there is no IP/hostname overlapping in the network, otherwise, you'd need to have a separate lab network and have NAT in between to do the migration

2 That's required for upgrades, not migrations.

3 Yes, you need the 11.5 bootable media on PCD's SFTP

4 http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/pcdadmin/10_5_1/CUCM_BK_U35347D2_00_pcd-administration-guide-1051/CUCM_BK_U35347D2_00_ucmap-administration-guide-1051_chapter_01.html#CUCM_RF_C1DF129A_00

If that is truly a 6K, it's impossible it came with essentials, we do not even offer that option

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/virtualization/virtualization-software-requirements.html#license_comparison

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

Kindly find a screen shot for vmware version attached

This one should work . right ?

Thanks

Essentials is not listed in the documentation for supported licenses, you'll have to try it, but as it's not listed, even if it works, most likely you won't have official support.

HTH

java

Hello Jaime, I need to know if is possible migrate a CUCM from 6.1.1.2000-3 to 11.5 using PCD method.

Thanks,

The PCD documentation thoroughly outlines the supported versions for each product and each PCD feature, have you reviewed that documentation?

HTH

java

I have that information from the documentation:

Table 1. Supported Tasks for Cisco Unified Communications Manager (including Session Management Edition)TaskRelease

Cluster Discovery

6.1(5), 7.1(3), 7.1(5), 8.0(1), 8.0(2), 8.0(3), 8.5(1), 8.6(1), 8.6(2), 9.0.(1), 9.1(1), 9.1(2), 10.0(1), 10.5(1), 10.5(2), 11.0(1), 11.5(1), 12.0(1)

Migrate Cluster (Install Application and Import Data from Old System)

From

6.1(5), 7.1(3), 7.1(5), 8.0(1), 8.0(2), 8.0(3), 8.5(1), 8.6(1), 8.6(2), 9.0.(1), 9.1(1), 9.1(2), 10.0(1), 10.5(1), 10.5(2), 11.0(1), 11.5(1), 12.0(1)

To

10.x, 11.x, or 12.0(1)

As you can see, anything below 6.1(5) is not supported for a PCD migration, you would need to upgrade in first place to 6.1(5) to then use PCD

HTH

java

nmartinez3
Level 1
Level 1

If I understand correctly, you want to do a fresh install of the 11.5 cluster. You want to keep the 6.1.5 cluster and then migrate phones? Are you keeping the same call manager IP?

- If the phones will be registering to a new call manager IP address , then you would need to point the phones to the new destination by updating the option 150 information. You will also need to migrate the phone certificates because the ITL file of the new cluster is not signed by the phone's existing ITL CCM+TFTP cert, so the phone will not accept the new ITL file or config files. If you want to avoid going to every phone and manually deleting trust lists all night, read this article for a good migration strategy: https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/60716/migrating-ip-phones-between-clusters-cucm-8-and-itl-files

Also, make sure all your current phone models and phone firmware is up to date and compatible with the call manager 11.5. See the release notes for details: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/11_5_1/cucm_b_release-notes-cucm-imp-1151.html

- You don't need the option keys COP file since you will be migrating the phones only. And PCM only supports upgrades starting with 8.6

- For the ISO, You can download the unrestricted version from Cisco.com but I would advise calling TAC and ask them to provide a bootable ISO file.