Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM User PIN Management

Ken Douglas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello:

We're running CUCM version 8.5 and we're starting to rely on Extension Mobility to reduce the costs of our Moves, Adds, and Changes.  One problem we're seeing is PIN management.  We'd like to assign individuals unique PINs that would be treated as passwords.  But the majority staff don't move frequently enough to remember their PIN.  While Cisco provides a mechanism to allow users to change their Unity Connection TUI PIN (we're AD integrated), they missed the CUCM PIN.  The CCMUser page (which is accessed with the same AD credentials as the Unity Connections PCA pages) requires the user to enter their existing PIN.  There is no way for a user to reset their PIN if they've forgotten it.  This is adding an unexpected burden to our Help Desk.

We'd be happy with a third party product that users could interact with to reset their PIN (again with Active Directory authentication).  I've been unable to find such a focused product.  We just purchased Cisco Unified Provisioning Manager (CUPM) to automate our growing installation and are hoping that there may be some mechanism in that product users can interact with.

Has anyone heard of a Cisco partner solution or figured out this piece of user management?

Thanks for any suggestions!

2 Replies 2

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

I believe you can use

http://XXX:8080/changecredential/ChangeCredentialServlet?device=#DEVICENAME#

Regards

Ronak Patel

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Hi Ronak:

Hey... that's clever.  It never occurred to me to have the users manage their PIN through the IP phone itself.  I'm going to look into this.  We were hoping that there might be a web interface they could use on their workstation.  But we might be able to make this work. 

Thank you for your quick (and quite original) suggestion.

Ken