Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM v11 - Obtain PAK Licensing

Elitev1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

Company I work for recently acquired a new client and is asking us to manage their Phone Systems. After logging into the CUCM interface, I am greeted with a warning stating they are over their licenses. I am new to the phone side of things, and I am trying to figure out the steps necessary to locate and purchase PAK Licenses. I think I have it figured out through Prime License Manager on how to import and assign them, but without documentation on how the original licenses were purchased, I am at a loss. I have tried searching on my own, and come up empty or overlooking.

5 Replies 5

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight

So go into PLM and post a screen shot if you have CUWL licensing you may not need to buy anything you might just need to assign your owner user id on devices used by multiple users.

Here you go, it appears the licenses available are already borrowedCovenant.JPG

O great news you do have cuwl license and you only 2 over.   Do you have jabber or any other devices that are shared with the same CUCM user, if so you just need to assign the owner user id on those devices to the same CUC end user and you should be able to clean it up.  After you assign the owner user id re-sync from plm. 

If not do you have any devices not registered that you can deleted and then do a re-sync.

Please be sure to rate if helpful.

Is there a way through CUCM to find that info. They are a brand new client and I've not been out to their site yet, and am just trying to assist the person assigned to their account.

Look for none csf devices ie normal Ip phone that show none none they are unregistered and should be audited for removal. The license thing isn't going to be a problem. They just can't configure new devices until you fix it.