Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM video call - 3rd party device

Hello everyone!

I configured a 3rd-party SIP device on CUCM and was able to make audio calls to CSF devices, but video calls are not working. From SIP traces, I found the below scenario:

1 - Invite from 3rd party to CUCM contain video attributes.
2 - After sending a 180 Ringing, CSF accepts with 200 OK, and video attributes are also present.
3 - When CUCM sends the ACK to CSF, there's video information under media. There's one section indicating the port for video, and another showing port 0.
4 - CUCM sends 200 OK to 3rd party, with information for media. This is the last packet I see with video attributes, the subsequent ones contain only audio.

In this call, audio worked fine but video failed for both sides.

On CCM traces, looking at media information, there's a section that shows PartyA (3rd party) with the correct IP address and port for audio. But for video, IP and port are set as 0.0.0.0:0.
PartyB (CSF) contains correct IP/ports for both audio and video.

I still can't figure out the reason why this change happens to the address/port.

Also on CUCM traces, I saw that after 3rd party sends a REGISTER message, there's a check for video parameter, that contains value 0.
Compared to a CSF device, that has value 1. Does anyone know what this check means?

I'm leaving the SDL traces, if anyone could help in this case, if already faced a similar problem.

2 Replies 2

What type of 3:rd party SIP device did you create in CM? From what I’ve seen on past posts on similar topics you’ll need to use advanced 3:rd party SIP device for video to work.

Response Signature

Hello Roger,

I created as advanced third-party SIP device.