Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM6 UI Password Recovery

abdofares
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are facing a problem in our production CUCM 6.

After the power shutdown neither the Pub or Sub is doesn't work the Pub is asking for recovery disk "which is not available in our stock".

And the Sub is running but I couldn't access the cm administrator or the serviceability, he doesn't recognize the username or the password, I login to the sub CLI using ssh, and tried to recover the password using this command:

utils reset_ui_administrator_password

but it didn't work it give me this error:

admin:utils reset_ui_administrator_password

New password:

Confirm new password:

-------------------- utils reset_ui_administrator_password --------------------

Reset user interface password

eniccm

06/30/2012 16:54:30.538 | Update FAILED: code = 1, AUTHORIZATION FAILURE

Please advise

Regards

FARES

Message was edited by: Abdulmagiad Fares

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to focus on getting the publisher back online. That command requires a database write operation on the publisher to succeed. You can download the recovery disk for your exact version from CCO. There have been sporadic reports that CCO downloads are down this weekend. If you run into this open a P1 TAC case; the engineer can post it to special file access for you.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080b1f305.shtml

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: