Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCMBE 6000 9.1 support Old IP Phones 79XX series

hi guys

can you help, the new cucm be 6000 9.1 support cisco ip phone 7910 and 7960?

thanks for you help

jca

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There is generally a listing of the default firmware loads for each release in the Release Notes and/or ReadMe files.  However, I don't see the same detail for 9.1 off hand.  I have CUCM 9.0(1) running in my lab.  The default firmware loads are P00405000700 (7910) and P00308010200(7960 - SCCP).  If you are migrating or upgrading from an earlier CUCM version, check the firmware running on the current cluster to see it where you stand.  These phones have been around for a while so they may already have been running the last firmware release for some time....just depends.

Hailey

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Don't think you should have any issues there; however, you will likely need to account for firmware upgrade and may require a stepped upgrade depending on age, previous CUCM version, etc.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

hi david

do you've any document for this, because i'm search but no find nothing

thanks

There's no doc, but we haven't removed any old model from the list of available devices to configure in CUCM

Obviusly, you cannot expect them to support many of the new features CUCM might offer due to the fact some phone models are EOL and no new FW is being developed for them.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

There is generally a listing of the default firmware loads for each release in the Release Notes and/or ReadMe files.  However, I don't see the same detail for 9.1 off hand.  I have CUCM 9.0(1) running in my lab.  The default firmware loads are P00405000700 (7910) and P00308010200(7960 - SCCP).  If you are migrating or upgrading from an earlier CUCM version, check the firmware running on the current cluster to see it where you stand.  These phones have been around for a while so they may already have been running the last firmware release for some time....just depends.

Hailey

thanks for you help