Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCMBE 8.03 CUBE no ringback

Hello,

I'm having a problem with ringback on some calls to the PSTN via a SIP trunk with CUBE.

CUCM -->H323-->CUBE-->SIP-->PSTN

Most calls to the PSTN get ringback fine but some do not.   I've tried many of the suggestions in the troubleshooting ringback guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk1077/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094c33.shtml#voipcalls

Most of this looks like it relates to ISDN Q931.   Does anyone know if there is a troubleshooting guide for troubleshooting ringback with H323/SIP through CUBE?

Thanks,

glenn

4 Replies 4

Roman Rodichev
Level 7
Level 7

This is probably not the answer you are looking for, but why not switch H.323 to SIP for CM to CUBE?

Hi, Can you try to change the network locale of the Device pool assigned in the H323 gateway and then test? If you can't afford the restart/reset of devices, you can create a test device pool with a "none" network locale then use it instead.

We encountered a similar issue before and found out that there's a bug on the CUCM.

Please let me know if this helps.

- Paul

Please rate helpful posts

sumimanc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Can you please send me the the following

+ the config of the CUBE

+ the screen shot of h323 gateway on Call manager

+ debug ccsip message on cube

+ debug h225 asn debug h245 asn 1

for the call where you dont hear the ring back .

Also is it happenenig for outbound calls only or does it happen for inbound calls also when someone from PSTN calls to the IP phone ??

Please provide the above info.

Best Regards,

sumit

Thanks to everyone that posted a reply and sorry for my delay responding.   Upon further investigation, it appears that the calls that are not getting ringback never get a SIP 180 ringing message.   They only get a 183 progress message.   My Telco provider says that they are only passing what the far end Telco is sending them and connot change it.   Cisco TAC says the CUBE cannot provide ringback on a progress message.   Anyone know of any workarounds for this?   I've tried all of the workarounds listed in the Cisco "no ringback troubleshooting guide" with no luck.

Thanks,

Glenn