Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCME Directory lookup

Pawel Lenart
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a small problem with directory on my phone system and I hope Cisco Community might be the way to go. I use CUCME 8.6.

My problem:

I added few entries to my directory. When I'm dialing out I need to add 9 to go out which means my number in directory looks like this: 902000000. This of course works correctly but when I'm receiving incomming phone call from 02000000 reverse lookup is not working and my phone system is not showing name (it's only showing number). Reverse lookup is configured correctly becuase when I enter 02000000 in my directory I can't dial out but lookup is working. I searched this online but I can't find anything. Can someone tell me what is wrong?

Regards,

Pawel Lenart

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It is a script to display caller name, like my other scripts can be acquired on the website mentioned in my profile.

Note if you are in the US or Canada, you can also request calling name service.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is wrong is the number comparison method in CME, that expects a perfect match, instead of comparing numbers starting with the rightmost digit.

So, either you configure system to not require 9 to dial-out, or you configure additional directory-entry, or use a TCL/IVR script like my "number to name".

Hi Paolo,

Sorry, I know what is wrong. I just don't know how to fix it so thank you for your answer. I don't want to remove 9 to dial out (due to many extentions etc), I don't want to configure additional entries (no space + I don't want duplicates) so can you tell me more about TCL / IVR script "number to name"?

Regards,

Pawel

It is a script to display caller name, like my other scripts can be acquired on the website mentioned in my profile.

Note if you are in the US or Canada, you can also request calling name service.

Thanks Paolo. It's a shame you can't do it using only CUCME.

Consider CUCM doesn't even have the direcotry-entry mechanism.

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!