Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCME with third pary voicemail

ellenthomson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I am looking for a bit of advice, we have a Centralized CUCM and CUC for Voicemail, with CUCME running in SRST mode at the individual sites. There is a requirement to split off some of the sites. I know the CUCME can run the phones and I know that this can be integrated with one of the CUE modules, what third party solutions are available for Voicemail.

Does anyone run CUCME with a third party supplier for Voicemail?

I have carried out some research on this but I cant find much out there other than with the bigger players in the market.

I'm looking for a low cost solution, so has anyone integrated CUCME that any open source systems or low cost systems and can you offer some advice.

Thanks in advance

ET

4 Replies 4

Christian Holst
Level 1
Level 1

Running in SRST usually implies WAN failure, for that reason CUE would make sense.

The cheapest capex option is to configure your SRST to use the CUC via PSTN, but note you'll be utilizing more lines and getting international/long distance calls for each site. But remember this is only in SRST. It could make sense when looking at the invesment - and administration of CUE.

Simply configure voicemail and forwards to use external numbers:

(if not using E164, just change to however you dial)

voicemail +1xxxxxxx1000
call-forward busy +1xxxxxxx1000
call-forward noan +1xxxxxxx1000 timeout NN

Make sure to transform the numbers in HQ end so they match CUC known extension

Regards

Christian

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In addition to what Christian said, ensure you also send the redirecting number in setup message (service provider should also support this) else CUC may get it as direct call instead of forwarded call.

- Vivek

ellenthomson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello chaps

Thanks for the information but I am sort of after information on what low cost third party options for voicemail are out there. Using the CUE module would be easier I know but it would be nice to give a few options for voicemail, hence the info on third party suppliers

Thanks for the info so far though

ET

My real recommendation is not CUE (sorry if that was not clear).

I would just use your existing CUC over PSTN. It's investment free, and really how often do you get into SRST ? No hazzle about multiple voicemail systems( integration in both CUCM and SRST - incl. trunks, voicemail pilots, mwi etc )

If you don't like it or find call cost really expensive then look into 3rd party. If the users are already in CUC the POC is around 10 CLI commands in SRST router and you're good to go. Just jump into it.

/Christian