Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE 8.0.1 license

3dtgnt_ljm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I recently bought a new cue model and installed in my 2821 router, when I go to cisco licenses website to requist the licenses, I select the

Register for Upgrade/Migrate License  , after I input the model and sireal number , it let me input the  number, please note I input 600 ! I think I should input 10 for mailbox-5 , because we only brought 50 mailbox, but is didnot tell me wrong, until now I feel the cue strange, it cannot record the voice , the indicator light always off, but the AA can work, I had change the mailbox number from 275 to 50,  do I need requist the licenses ?

1.JPG

5 Replies 5

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

i think ur licenses are ok...what matters is whether you configured ephone-dns in CME for MWI On/Off...this wiould prefvent from the VM indicator light to be off..

Now i m not sure what you mean by you cannot record your voice. Are you able to hear your mailbox greetings when you call into unity?

From CUE web interface go to control panel and sync information and it will tell you whats not sync'ed between CME and CUE...

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Dear Sahnky,

thanks for your reply, my English is not better...

my cucm version is 4.1 not CME, yes I can hear the greeting and can leave the message, but when I dial the point number on the extension, it say I have no msg.  in the picture, red circle, why is "No" ?

I remember one thing , for save bandwidth, I created a ICT using g729 codec between Beijing and San Jose, and my testing phone is softphone in my leptop at Beijing, maybe CUE cannot support g729 (CUE locate San Jose 2821 router) ? it is only my guess.

ip soft phone ------ICT--------CUE

(Beijing)             g729      (San Jose)

CUE doesn;t support G.729 as any search would have revelaed to you.

US G.711u or configure transcoding.

Hi Paolo,

I am in trouble.  my cucm version is 4.1 , and my CUE version is 8.0.1 , by checked :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/compatibility/cuecomp.htm#HardwareNME-CUE

cucm4.1 only support cue highest 3.1.2,  but now cue AA can work, and I can leave msg, only the msg cannot be stored. how can I do make cucm4.1 and cue8.0.1 work together ?