Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE 8.5 installation fails

Kelly McCoy
Level 5
Level 5

In case anybody else has come across this, here is the fix:

Problem: Clean install of CUE 8.5 on SRE-900 fails with the following error message:

File transfer error during download. Curl error code is 78
Error encountered while downloading payload(s)
Unable to install. Please try again

Resolution - the "cue-vm-en_US-langpack.sme.8.5.1.prt1" file is missing from the FTP path. The only way you can tell this is if you monitor your FTP server. I found that the installer was looking for this file and FTP was returning an error message indicating the file was missing. Not sure why the installer error message just doesn't say this...

~ Kelly

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Kelly,

Thanks for posting up the resolution to this issue. This

type of kind gesture will surely help others going forward

Please respond so we can give you the nice rating this deserves.

Cheers!

Rob

I found this exact same issue, fix it by adding the language file to the FTP directory.

Im now having isue where the upgrade actually finishes, the SRE reboots and is unable load the image.

any thoughts??

Im going downgrade to 8.0 to get back up and running..

Did you do a MD5 hash check of the image to make sure it's not corrupt? You might try that first just to be sure. Also, you could be hitting CSCtf17799, which is a bug I hit when upgrading to 8.0(2) and it looks like the bug is still present in 8.5:

Symptom: The service-module install command may intermittently fail with a "Corrupted TCL file detected" error.

Conditions: When using the service-module install command with an FTP download URL.

Workaround: There is no workaround, other than to reset the module and retry.

Not sure it fits your specific issue. I ended up having to open a TAC case for that.

It wast the language file. Was corrupt.

Darren Lynn

Efficient Data Communications

Senior Solutions Architect

0411 534440

Sent from my iPhone