cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE plays the recipient as "Message From" instead of caller on internal calls

Melinda Merrick
Level 4
Level 4

I have a customer who reports that when receiving voice mails from internal callers, their Unity Express Version 8.0.2 plays the recipients Recorded Name instead of the Caller's Name.

Example: Sue at x7000 calls Tom at x7001 and leaves a message.  When Tom checks his voice mail he hears Message from [Tom's recorded name], then the date/time, then the recording of the message Sue left him.

Anyone have any ideas why Unity Express would play the recipient's name instead of the callers name during message playback?

-Melinda

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Melinda Merrick
Level 4
Level 4

Cisco helped me figure it out. The cause was the following:

telephony-service
calling-number local

To fix this, we removed that command:

telephony-service
no calling-number local

This command changes the calling number to last redirecting number, which might be useful/necessary if you are trying to call-forward to an external number, and you carrier only allows calls coming from one of the DIDs assigned to your network.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sounds like caller ID may not be coming through properly to CUE. Could be caused by dialplan-pattern, num-exp or a translation profile on the CUE dial peer. Also, make sure "voicemail callerid" is enabled in CUE. If the problem remains, post the config.

Brandon

Melinda Merrick
Level 4
Level 4

Cisco helped me figure it out. The cause was the following:

telephony-service
calling-number local

To fix this, we removed that command:

telephony-service
no calling-number local

This command changes the calling number to last redirecting number, which might be useful/necessary if you are trying to call-forward to an external number, and you carrier only allows calls coming from one of the DIDs assigned to your network.