cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS 8.6 - Jabber Doesn't Display LDAP Contacts

robb.ritchey
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new CUPS 8.6 installation that I've integrated with CUCM 8.6.  I've configured my LDAP (MS 2008 AD) server under 'Application / Cisco Jabber / LDAP Server' and 'Application / Cisco Jabber / LDAP Profile'.  Settings are below.  When I login to the Windows Jabber client, nothing is displayed when I search for contacts.

Bind DN: CN=CUP Admin,OU=Service Accounts,OU=Appalachia,DC=domain,DC=Com

Search Context: OU=Users,OU=Appalachia,DC=domain,DC=Com

I've verified that the user is assigned to the LDAP profile.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Robb

4 Replies 4

jasonlnielsen
Level 4
Level 4

Verify that your jabber-config.xml has been provisioned correctly and uploaded to your tftp servers. You can choose EDS or UDS for directory lookup.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Jason, I searched the CUCM for the jabber-config.xml TFTP file and it doesn't exist.  Sounds like CUP isn't publishing it?

Thanks,

Robb

One more thing to note... I ran wireshark during Jabber IM launch and I'm not seeing any TFTP attempts at all.

rsaeks
Level 1
Level 1

Two things you can try:

If you use an LDAP browser application are you able to bind and view the LDAP directory?  This would make sure the account is functioning properly.

Recursive search checkbox.  Depending on your LDAP structure, users may exsist within sub-OUs where you need to tell the app to look beyond the first level.

Hope that helps.