Views
Helpful
Replies

Customized coorporate directoy

ichehouri
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

i have customer with CUCM cluster 7.1.3 and we have integration with AD. Since the AD have many users in which some have IP phones and some not. the customer is asking if we can have customized coorporate directory in a way that we can include the users we need only.

regards,

Ibrahim

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only way with CUCM 7.x would be to restructure the AD directory structure to have a container or organizational unit that contains only the users you want to display in corporate directory which will be the same as those users that are imported if you're doing a directory sync.  If you were on call manager 8.x you can use LDAP filters in call manager to check if the telephoneNumber field is empty or not and only sync certain users.  However this filter still applies to which users will sync into call manager.   Alternatively you can create a custom corporate directory, on a seperate web server with some programming skills you can do just about anything.

View solution in original post

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

You can create a custom corporate directory, but we dont' provide support for it. It's customer's responsibility
to create it, unless you have a Developer Support Contract. In that case you can open a TAC request.

You can create an XML custom directory and point your phones to that file. I will recommend you to go to the
developer community, it is probably a better place to discuss this and find some other threads related:

http://developer.cisco.com/web/ipps/home

HTH!

Regards,

Tere.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only way with CUCM 7.x would be to restructure the AD directory structure to have a container or organizational unit that contains only the users you want to display in corporate directory which will be the same as those users that are imported if you're doing a directory sync.  If you were on call manager 8.x you can use LDAP filters in call manager to check if the telephoneNumber field is empty or not and only sync certain users.  However this filter still applies to which users will sync into call manager.   Alternatively you can create a custom corporate directory, on a seperate web server with some programming skills you can do just about anything.

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

You can create a custom corporate directory, but we dont' provide support for it. It's customer's responsibility
to create it, unless you have a Developer Support Contract. In that case you can open a TAC request.

You can create an XML custom directory and point your phones to that file. I will recommend you to go to the
developer community, it is probably a better place to discuss this and find some other threads related:

http://developer.cisco.com/web/ipps/home

HTH!

Regards,

Tere.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

thanks for the reply. i think upgrading to 8.x may solve my issue with the LDAP filters. Also i will try to have a specific AD container for the required users only.

regards,

Ibrahim