cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CWMS Recordings

bradburyh
Level 1
Level 1

Is there anyway for an administrator to delete recordings?  I find it troublesome that we are relying on end users to delete their recordings after they no longer need them or that recordings that were done by a user that is no longer an employee and is an inactive user cannot be deleted.  This seems to be a potential large waste of storage space for companies.  We are on CWMS 1.5.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Mate,

In the CWMS only users can mark the recordings for deletion. Once a user deletes a recording, server keeps it for another 6 months and then permanently removes it from system.
See below RN for 1.5:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/collaboration/CWMS/1_5/Release_Notes.html#reference_C12B6A95E41C4D3199E6F20BC339D30A

Also there is no way anyone else can access a users recording other than the if the user decides to share it. So administrator cant access, export or delete the recordings.

-Terry

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

Do you have a Webex Web Server deployed or just the Webex Application Server?

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

We have the full on-premise 250-user CWMS with public access enabled which includes the Admin server, Media server and IRP server.  I am about to enable a storage location for the customer and the only instruction I can find on deleting a recording is from the user perspective.  Can only the user that scheduled the meeting delete the recording or can a system administrator delete recordings somehow as well.

An administrator can also delete the recordings but the way I know how to delete the recording is through the Web server. You can look up the meeting ID and in the details of the meeting you could delete the recording.

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

In the 250 user deployment the "web" server is included in the Admin server.  Is there a seperate URL to access that functionality or is it from the same URL as the admin server?   What are the menu options that you follow to do that procedure?  Perhaps since I do not have a storage server yet identified I am not seeing the options for that.

Have you tried logging into Webex web page as the administrator (not the Webex Administrator Page)? You might be able to remove the recordings for a specific meeting from there.

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Yes.  Administrator logins cannot access the Webex page.

Deleting a Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Recording

Before You Begin

You must be a system administrator or the meeting owner to  delete a recording.

Procedure

Step 1   Sign in to the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace web scheduling interface.

Example:
Step 2   Select Find Meeting.
Step 3   Find the meeting that has the recording that you want to delete.
Step 4   Select Recordings.
Step 5   Navigate to the recording that you want to delete.
Step 6   Select Delete.
Step 7   Select OK.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/meetingplace/8_5/english/userguide/b_mp85_userguide_chapter_0101.html

I would lverify which interface you're logging into.

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Hi Mate,

In the CWMS only users can mark the recordings for deletion. Once a user deletes a recording, server keeps it for another 6 months and then permanently removes it from system.
See below RN for 1.5:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/collaboration/CWMS/1_5/Release_Notes.html#reference_C12B6A95E41C4D3199E6F20BC339D30A

Also there is no way anyone else can access a users recording other than the if the user decides to share it. So administrator cant access, export or delete the recordings.

-Terry

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

+5 Terry that was good information.

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh