cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.6.2 Cant view call history on certain Phones

Jnagy9481
Level 1
Level 1

Have 3 specific user's who cannot view any call history wha so ever, Cant find much in relation to this issue via the web, Thy are the only one's experiencing the issue on the system. I have reset the phone to no avail. also rebuilt the phone from scratch in CM. having no luck figuring it out.

any help or idea I can try                  

13 Replies 13

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

When you say "Reset" do you mean factory reset? I've experienced issues with some phones not keeping their call history after I upgraded to 8.6. To fix the issue I had to perform a factory reset of the specific phones.

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Yosh,

I did a reset from the phone configuration page, brought the phone completely down and back up.

Is there a difference between that and a "factory reset"

I even deleted the phone, end user, and rebuilt it as a new phone 7942 in this case just to start fresh

still nothing

Json,

Yes afactory reset will delete the phones firmware and all settings.  The phone will then download its firmware from CUCM and re-registers.  The process would take 10 - 15 minutes.

Factory Reset Steps:

1 - Unplug the phone.

2  - While holding down the "#" key, plug the phone back in and wait for  the phone "Line buttons" to start flashing and then dial "123456789*0#".  The phone will reload and start downloading its firmware. If the phone  doesn't start downloading its firmware, then you did it wrong and you  would need to try again.

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Thank you Yosh, was unaware of that procedure and will give it a try in hopes it resolves it. sounds like it may

I will let you know. Thanks again

- Jason

I'll wait for your response.

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Yosh,

tested it this morning, the phone will go into upgrade mode but will not download the firmware, it just keeps rebooting, any ideas? do you think another rebuild on CM will fix that?

What firmware load is on the Phone.  You made need to complete a two step firmware upgrade for the phone to upgrade.  Also, was the phone on another system before and then moved to your system.  If so you may have to remove the ITL file using the following link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_tech_note09186a0080bbcd03.shtml

Phones have been on the same system, load id

SCCP42.9-2-1S

Have you tried to remove the ITL from the phone?

How can i access

Settings > Security             Configuration

when the phone will not load? is there a different approach to this

sorry I am new to 8.6 and this has kind of been dropped in my lap with no background on the system really.

Jason,

Please verify the TFTP address on the DHCP Pool (Scope) that the phone is gettings its IP address from is pointing to a CUCM server that has the TFTP services running. If it is pointing to the correct CUCM server, please try restarting the TFTP service.

P.S.

You will not be able to get the "Settings" option of the phone at this stage.

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Hi Jason,

The phone stays in upgrading....

We need to fix this first.

Fix the issues related to DHCP & TFTP on the switch to which the phone is connected so that the phone can get the config from the DHCP server.

Sample DHCP config on switch:

ip dhcp pool dhcpconf

network A.S.D.W 255.255.255.0

default-router A.S.D.1

option 150 ip A.S.D.X ----->TFTP server of CUCM

lease infinite

ip address dhcp

Interface config:

interface FastEthernet0/1

switchport voice vlan 1

spanning-tree portfast

Check the routing issues between phone and CUCM TFTP server.

Upgrade the phone to the latest firmware and check if you have any issues.

Note: Do not disconnect the phone while the firmware is upgrading.

Regards,

Tirtha

Regards, Tirtha

Jason,

Any luck with this issue?

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: