cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Database sync between CUCM 8.X & 11.5

n.shuja
Level 1
Level 1

Upgraded the from P2V from 8.5 to 11.5 using PCD. worked fine. Now customer did not cut-over for some reason and 8.5 environment was updated as it was production setup. 3 months down the line i need to verify the delta and re-sync. what should be the best approach.

1) Export all - phones from 8.5 & 11.5 and somehow use excel to check what are changed fields? The issue in this approach is i am not that advance with Excel and columns headings are different in 8.X vs 11.5 export.csv

2) perform another lab upgrade again thru PCD to 11.5 again, export phones and add (Import all) file to 11.5 setup, as I have to use the already installed 11.5 due to licensing and much more integration done with 3rd parties. But this approach requires me to have available resources and many steps to take care of. 

any other way to think about?

thanks for all the help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

n.shuja
Level 1
Level 1

opted option 1. exported all phones and matched with existing phones export on setup.

took me a while to bring the excel to match and color code the differences. But reached to point where i can see differences on first 10 DN's of phone. most of the phones were under 10 DN's. 

tried the 2nd approach to run PCD again only for PUB didnot work for PUB only. as it looks for full cluster. so left it and worked on option 1.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Either one has pros and cons, as you mentioned, the BAT files will not be the same, you'd need to manually sort that out to find out what has changed and update it, no need for anything else, aside from a spreadsheet app and/or csv apps.

The other options would get you the data ready for comparison, but you'd need to perform the whole migration again.

It's really up to you and your preference/time/resources.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks JV for input.

for option 1 any preferred Excel / csv app which can ease into comparison. 

can you elaborate more on option 2. I am good to do the migration if this wont effect the integrations / Licenses on existing 11.5 CUCM. ( unless you are suggesting the same scenario as i mentioned earlier, to update the 8.5 in lab and export all phones to import in production 11.5 setup).

If there is no 3rd option i think i will be more inclined towards 1st option. (excel comp)

n.shuja
Level 1
Level 1

opted option 1. exported all phones and matched with existing phones export on setup.

took me a while to bring the excel to match and color code the differences. But reached to point where i can see differences on first 10 DN's of phone. most of the phones were under 10 DN's. 

tried the 2nd approach to run PCD again only for PUB didnot work for PUB only. as it looks for full cluster. so left it and worked on option 1.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: