Views
Helpful
Replies

Debug isdn h323 to mgcp

jack samuel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Planning to change H323 GW to MGCP below are the translation profile created what setting has to be done on CUCM MGCP Gateway endpoint page in perspective of inbound calls settings and outbound calls settings, significant digits, etc,etc. below are the outputs.

voice translation-rule 1
 rule 1 /^2485\(5...\)$/ /\1/
!
voice translation-rule 2
 rule 1 /^\(5...\)$/ /2485\1/

debug isdn q931 is             

Jul 22 18:30:01: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: RX <- SETUP pd = 8  callref = 0x1AFA
        Sending Complete
        Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A3
                Standard = CCITT
                Transfer Capability = Speech
                Transfer Mode = Circuit
                Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s
        Channel ID i = 0xA1838A
                Preferred, Channel 10
        Calling Party Number i = 0x2183, '99343426'
                Plan:ISDN, Type:National
        Called Party Number i = 0xC1, '24855123'
                Plan:ISDN, Type:Subscriber(local)
Jul 22 18:30:01: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: Received SETUP  callref = 0x9AFA callID = 0x07AE switch = primary-net5 interface = User
Jul 22 18:30:01: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: TX -> CALL_PROC pd = 8  callref = 0x9AFA
        Channel ID i = 0xA9838A
                Exclusive, Channel 10
Jul 22 18:30:01: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: TX -> ALERTING pd = 8  callref = 0x9AFA
Jul 22 18:30:09: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: RX <- DISCONNECT pd = 8  callref = 0x1AFA
        Cause i = 0x829000000000 - Normal call clearing
Jul 22 18:30:09: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: TX -> RELEASE pd = 8  callref = 0x9AFA
Jul 22 18:30:09: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: RX <- RELEASE_COMP pd = 8  callref = 0x1AFA

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Samuel

yes you are correct the rule 1 is for the inbound, ISP is forwarding 8 digit towards my router so in my MGCP gateway in significant digits i will enter digit 4 for accepting only 4 digit DN ??? please correct me

Yes this is correct.

ISP is expecting from me 8 digit so for a 4 digit DN to a make a 8 digit and send to ISP I have to add a calling party mask???

Yes you can use a mask or use calling party transformation. either will work

Dont forget to ensure that the CSS on your mgcp gateway has access to the partitions of your phones.

For troubleshooting mgcp you need

debug mgcp packets

debug isdn q931

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

FYI, posting the rules, without the associated commands to find whether they're inbound or outbound, is useless.

I would assume 1 is inbound, so just leave 4 digits for internal routing

2 might be outbound, so add 2485 + 4 digits.

The rules are perfectly clear on what they do, not sure what you need here, if going to MGCP, replicate this via prefix, significant digits, calling/called party masks, transformation rules, etc, whatever you use.

If you don't understand what the rules do, there's plenty of material on translation rules on cisco.com so you can review it and fully understand what they're doing.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Dear Jaime,

For Inbound calls

yes you are correct the rule 1 is for the inbound, ISP is forwarding 8 digit towards my router so in my MGCP gateway in significant digits i will enter digit 4 for accepting only 4 digit DN ??? please correct me

For outbound calls,

ISP is expecting from me 8 digit so for a 4 digit DN to a make a 8 digit and send to ISP I have to add a calling party mask???

Please correct??

This is a working link in H.323 as I am going to shift in MGCP so below 2 commands are enough or another command will give more granularity.

debug isdn q931

debug voip ccapi inout

Thanks

Hi Samuel

Yes this is correct.

ISP is expecting from me 8 digit so for a 4 digit DN to a make a 8 digit and send to ISP I have to add a calling party mask???

Yes you can use a mask or use calling party transformation. either will work

Dont forget to ensure that the CSS on your mgcp gateway has access to the partitions of your phones.

For troubleshooting mgcp you need

debug mgcp packets

debug isdn q931

Please rate all useful posts

thanks for the reply,

+5 dear.

Debug mgcp packets will show me the outgoing dialed digits and the incoming digits from the ITSP??