Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

defaulting to tftp

I have cucm cluster with two ccm, and a group with sub first and pub second. 

i have done auto registration of the phone and then made changes to the phone configuration.

issue is phone always defaults to tftp, i see message on the phone saying defaulting to tftp and sub is fist cucm on the phone while second is the default router as srst where as i do not have any srst

the load file on the phone is same as of cucm.

a factory reset could resolve the issue but i can not do a factory reset to all the phones. i have done reset erase config none working

there is not issue with phone functionality like dialing and vm and mwi etc

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Seems phones are not pulling tftp config files correctly, can you try to remove ITL/CTL files from couple of phones and check.

Suresh

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Seems phones are not pulling tftp config files correctly, can you try to remove ITL/CTL files from couple of phones and check.

Suresh

You were right Suresh, ITL files were there from an old cucm cluster, though deleting the ITL is equivalent of doing a factory rest as it delete the firmware and redownload it from CUCM

Hi Tanveer,

Good to know that, yes if you are moving IP phones from one cluster to another then it happens sometimes and only option is to delete itl/ctl files,  you can use some tool (itl/ctl eraser)  which will help you to remove these files remotely.

Suresh

TJ
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tanveer,

I know this may sound pretty basic however, its worth checking the basic auto reg config. Please see the steps mentioned below and ensure that you have followed the same.

Step 8 From the list of Cisco Unified Communications Manager groups, choose the group that is enabled for autoregistration. (In most systems, the name of this group specifies Default. You can, however, choose a different Cisco Unified Communications Manager group.)

This group serves as the default Cisco Unified Communications Manager group for devices that autoregister. Ensure that the Selected Cisco Unified Communications Managers list for this group contains the Cisco Unified Communications Manager that you configured for autoregistration in Step 4. The Cisco Unified Communications Managers get selected in the order in which they are listed in the Cisco Unified Communications Manager group.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmcfg/bccm-712-cm/b02autor.html#wp1049133

HTH
TJ