Views
Helpful
Replies

Delay call for sender and reciver

talmuallimi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all ,

We facing strange and repeat issue , for example the sender once put the ext number and press dial there is delay for almost 7 seconds after that will be process the call , while receiver if he press answer he will see the call still not answered , if he off hook he will see the seconds start but without voice until almost 7 seconds .

FYI , after we restart service CiscoCallMAnager from serviceability and wait for 10 minutes the calling will be OK .
So please share your experience to kill this issue .

9 Replies 9

VON CLAWSON
Level 3
Level 3

The fact that the calling returns to normal after restarting the callmanager service tells me that it must be a high cpu or other resource issue. How long after restarting the callmanager service does the problem return? When the problem is happening I would check the CPU and processes and see what process is taking the most CPU.

Please rate if this helps.

Thanks for reply , there is no specific time or time limit , but it's repeated sometimes every week , sometimes every two days or three.
Anyhow once this issue coming , I had check from CPU and It was high please check the attachments for more details .

is there a firewall in between the CUCM and IP phones ?

Response Signature

Thanks for reply , There is no firewall

VON CLAWSON
Level 3
Level 3

The first picture shows tomcat being the culprit. Have you rebooted the server yet to see if that resolves the issue. The other option is to restart the tomcat service which you can do from the cli with the command "utils service restart Cisco Tomcat"

Also, do you have any third party monitoring going on that are making excessive AXL calls. That could cause the tomcat to go high. 

Other than that you will need to collect the following from the CLI

Show Status

show diagnose test

show hardware

show core active list

You will need this information if you need to open a tac case. 

Hi Von ,

Appreciate your reply , and please find my answer by blue line  .

The first picture shows tomcat being the culprit. Have you rebooted the server yet to see if that resolves the issue. The other option is to restart the tomcat service which you can do from the cli with the command "utils service restart Cisco Tomcat"

I did reboot , and it's solve the issue but for 2 days or three days or one week .
Also I did restart for Tomcat by CLI and it's same , solve the issue but not permanent.

Also, do you have any third party monitoring going on that are making excessive AXL calls. That could cause the tomcat to go high.

No , I don't have .
You may check the attachment related to output the commands .

sorry, the two commands that didn't work are

utils diagnose test

utils core active list

talmuallimi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Von ,

Thanks for your reply , You may check the attachment for your request .

VON CLAWSON
Level 3
Level 3

At this point I think your best bet is to get a TAC case open and see if they can help you figure out where the problem lies. Something is definately causing the CPU to go high in tomcat and ccmbase processes. Give them all of the output that you just gathered. I did see a bug with hight cpu and ccmbase on 11.5 and it wasn't fixed and probably will not be with 12.5 and 14 now out. So if it is a bug you may need to upgrade to get it fixed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: