cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

delayed connection to calls

wstemmons1984
Level 1
Level 1

I have an Enduser who's extension does this when dialed. If the calling party is outside the network, the calling party hears 20 seconds of nothing. Then the call drops. And the Called party's phone gives a short ring and shows a miss call from the calling party. If the calling party is inside the network, the calling party hears 20 seconds of nothing. But then the called party's phone starts to ring. This is happening with only 1 extension in our directory. I have checked all settings and can't find the problem. Can someone tell me possible causes and solutions?

8 Replies 8

Andrew West
Level 4
Level 4

Does the users DN overlap with any other route patterns? 

Run a DNA (Dialed Number Analyzer) and you can get all the info from it. 

Also what is the call flow in this scenario? 

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for responding. I ran the DNA. However; it doesn't help because I get the same results with extension that I know are working. Below are the results:

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Dialed Number Analyzer Results

• Results Summary
    • Calling Party Information
      • Calling Party = 5228
      • Partition =
      • Device CSS =
      • Line CSS = SUNO_Phone_CSS
      • AAR Group Name =
      • AAR CSS =
    • Dialed Digits = 5042
    • Match Result = BlockThisPattern
    • Route Block Cause = Unallocated Number
    • Called Party Number =
    • Matched Pattern Information
      • Pattern =
      • Partition =
    • Pattern Type =
    • Time Zone = Etc/GMT
    • Outside Dial Tone = NO
  • Call Flow
    • Note: Information Not Available
  • Alternate Matches
    • Note: Information Not Available

I don't know the call flow. I added a second directory number to the troubled IP phone. There wasn't a delay in the call. Please advise.

Aeby Vinod
Level 3
Level 3
Your best bet to tshoot this would to be to pull CCM traces for an event after you set the Digit Analysis Complexity to TranslationAndAlternatePatternAnalysis in the service parameter, this would give us an idea about the signalling.

Also since this is only happening with one extension do try deleting and re-adding the DN/Phone entry on the CUCM and if that doesn't help a factory reset of the Phone (I know it sounds farfetched but I've seen a lot of similar issues on multiple environments go away by doing that)

Please rate if you find this helpful.

Regards,
Aeby

Regards,
Aeby

Hi Aeby,
I tried your suggestions but neither worked. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Please attach traces for an event like I said in my previous post along with the call details.

Regards,
Aeby

Regards,
Aeby

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

if there is nothing special about this DN: rip it out and add it back onto the phone.

If still no go, add a second DN on the troubled phone and check if that has the same behaviour.

I this user in the same subnet as other phones that are working properly?

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

wstemmons1984
Level 1
Level 1
Hello All,
Here's an update on my problem. It turns out that I have overlapping patterns associated with the directory number. And this is what is causing the delay. I have been looking at documentations on overlapping patterns but they are for older versions of CUCM. I have Version 11.5. How do I fix this overlap?

Na

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: