Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Deleting a couple LDAP Synchronized users

Using CUCM 9.1.1, I recently synched over our users from LDAP. Previously, they had been manually entered in the CUCM, and when we were synchronized to LDAP, I made sure their names in the CUCM were the same as in LDAP so that they would synch and retain their credentials, etc.

Unfortunately, I missed a couple people. For example, one user was JohnDoe in CUCM but John.Doe in LDAP, so when I did the sync, it didn't find him, and created a second account, so now there's JohnDoe and John.Doe on the CUCM. I could just copy all the info from JohnDoe to the new John.Doe, but then I'd have to have him reset his EM PIN, re-create his Unity object, etc. In order to delete John.Doe, so that I can change the spelling of the old object and then re-sync, what do I do? Will I have to get rid of my LDAP directory settings?

How can I do this without desynching everyone?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Delete the LDAP user, sync in CUCM, it should show as inactive, then create the new one that matches what you have in CUCM, sync again, the local user will match the recently created user in ldap and sync, it's that simple

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Delete the LDAP user??

Sorry, I can't go deleting people's LDAP accounts.

I appreciate the help, though.