Views
Helpful
Replies

Desktop Agent - A Critical Error Has Been Recieved

IT_Phillip
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this on, but I will try anyway.  I am having a rather unusual problem with an end user working with Cisco Desktop Agent.  First let me give you a little background.  All users in the company, over 300, were on Windows XP SP3 using CAD 4.5.7.4.  It was then decided to upgrade everyone to Windows 7.  We knew CAD 4.5.7.4 would not be compatible with Windows 7.  So intead of upgrading to most current version of CAD it was decided to try and get CAD 4.5.7.4 to work with Windows 7.  The only way we were able to do this was install Windows XP Mode to every machine that needed CAD and use it from within the virual machine.

It turned out to work pretty good on most machines except a couple.  We have one end user that keeps getting getting logged out of CAD 3-4 times an hour with the message, "A critial error has been recieved.  Either your phone or the CallManager is offline."  We have tried everything in the book to try and get this to work.  Below are just a few of the things we have done.

• Uninstall and reinstall XP Mode and Cisco Agent Desktop - Been done numerous time
  • A complete format of the hard drive and a reinstall of Windows 7, XP Mode, CAD - Been done 2 times
  • Swapped out hard drive and put into different laptop
  • Uninstalled all security software, made no difference
  • Upgraded all Windows 7 drivers and XP Mode drivers
  • Checked timers on server end and there is nothing that would cause this
  • Had user work on wireless connection instead of wired
  • Tried a couple different phones

I know the first thing you will tell me is that we are using a very outdated version of CAD, this I know.  But our company has no plans to upgrade, especially since everyone in the company can use CAD 4.5.7.4 with XP Mode and have no issues.  I would really appreciate any ideas you might have as to why this one user is having this problem.  Thank you.

Phillip

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

asandborgh
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Phillip,

Have you tried a totally different laptop - it sounds like you may have a hardware issue in that particular unit that is throwing a CAD error as a symptom.  To your point this is working on all tehe rest of the machines so it is likely not CAD or CCM.....

HTH,

Art

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

asandborgh
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Phillip,

Have you tried a totally different laptop - it sounds like you may have a hardware issue in that particular unit that is throwing a CAD error as a symptom.  To your point this is working on all tehe rest of the machines so it is likely not CAD or CCM.....

HTH,

Art

Yes, we have swapped her hard drive to a different laptop and had the same results.

After a little more digging I found the log file for CAD with the below error, that was found a lot in log file.

PhoneDev PD0169 HeartBeatFailure: CallManager offline

We had a thought that this was all caused by the heartbeat.  Is there any way to turn off the heartbeat for a certain user?  Or will this have to be done for everyone.  If you have any ideas on this please reply.  Thanks.

Phillip

I accidently marked the question as answered, but it is not.  If you have any ideas on this please reply.  Thanks again!