I have  the below  settings 

RP  9.00! . partition international1 

RP  9.00! . partition international2

css_int1 

international1 

css_int2 

international2

one is going through the  trunk1  and another going through the trunk2

if I assign first css on line and second one on device css , what will happen if user  dials the pattern

Thanks

1 Reply 1

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
1) Line CSS will have preference over Device CSS whenever there are exact same Patterns in Two CSS.In You case css_int1 ie trunk1 will be used.

I recommend more reading here

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_5_1/ccmsys/accm-851-cm/a03ptcss.pdf

If you configure a calling search space both on an IP phone line and on the device (IP phone) itself, Cisco
Unified Communications Manager concatenates the two calling search spaces and places the line calling
search space in front of the device calling search space. If the same route pattern appears in two
partitions, one contained in the line calling search space and one contained in the device calling search
space, Cisco Unified Communications Manager selects the route pattern that is listed first in the
concatenated list of partitions (in this case, the route pattern that is associated with the line calling search
space).

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: