Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Device Packs and Phone Firmware Releases

Dear All,

I need to upgrade the firmware for our 8851 phones to the latest release of 11.0(1) (from version 10-3-1-20)

Do I need to upgrade the device pack to the latest version for CUCM 10.5.2 in order to use V11.0(1) for the 8851 phones? Or can I simply download the individual firmware release (as seen below) for the 8851 phone and upload that instead of the device pack?

8851 firmware V11.0(1) - cmterm-88xx-sip.11-0-1-11.k3.cop.sgn

Current versions:

CUCM Version: 10.5.2.10000-5

Active Device Pack Installed: cmterm-devicepack10.5.2.12014-1.cop

8851 Active Firmware: 10-3-1-20

Our entire cluster is only running two end points: 8851 phones and 8831 conference phones. We don’t have any new phones on our phone system and I want to avoid uploading a new device pack as it requires a full reboot of the cluster whereas uploading the individual firmware only requires a restart of the TFTP service.

Thank you very much in advance, hope you can help.

Regards

Jamie

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you should be good to go ahead just with the FW upgrade on CUCM 10.5 since the Device Pack that you have installed there already gives you the support for these two phone models. 

As long as when you should definitely install a Device Pack is concerned, then refer to below document:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/CUCM_FAQ#Adding_support_for_new_endpoints

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you should be good to go ahead just with the FW upgrade on CUCM 10.5 since the Device Pack that you have installed there already gives you the support for these two phone models. 

As long as when you should definitely install a Device Pack is concerned, then refer to below document:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/CUCM_FAQ#Adding_support_for_new_endpoints

Regards

Deepak

Thank you Deepak, most appreciated.

Regards,

Jamie

Glad that I was able to help and thanks for updating the forum Jamie.

Regards

Deepak

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The cluster reboot when you install a DevPack is ONLY required when you're installing it for new endpoints support, as that causes changes to the DB. If you're only installing it to bulk upload the latest FW for the endpoints, there is no need for a cluster reboot.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate